Any advice for how to get a Copperband Butterfly to eat?

JeanR

BRS Member
LiveAquaria had a small one so I couldn't resist. He went right into my display tank since I don't have a quarantine system. He is picking at the rock work but It's a new tank so not a ton of life on it yet. He doesn't seem to be going for the prepared foods, but hoping for some "monkey see, monkey do".

Any advice is appreciated...

What worked for me was going to the grocery store and buying little neck clams, rinse crack the shell of one and drop in. Freeze the rest and use as needed like that. Live black worms they can't resist, reef junkeez gets them in sometimes, white worms too, those you can cultivate yourself. I had a little turkey baster and once the CBB started eating the live worms out of the baster I started mixing in frozen Mysis and brine shrimp and got im switched to frozen. Active fish so you need to get him eating quick and in a new tank not getting much picking at rocks. Good luck

Does he go for the white worm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I've been feeding White-worms but so far no clear interest. Will grab some clams today.

Thanks for the advice. The Copperband loves the clams on the half shell. I am throwing the kitchen sink at this guy (live baby brine, live white worms, frozen brine/mysis, Larrys nano, pellets, masstick, AmericanReef HPD).

Gotta clean the glass every day the algae loves it so much. Hope the little sh** learns to eat something other than clam...

More advice is always welcome.

Mine will eat any frozen and loves live black worms or clams from the store. He seems to get the most excited for red nori. He hits the clip before the tangs can get to it.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back