Any chance for a group buy on putty epoxy?

Greg Hiller

BRS Moderator
Staff member
BRS Member
Cheapest price I've seen on line is about 6.30 a 4 oz stick of the Two Little Fishies gray stuff from That Fish Place. Can any of our sponsors do better? I'm looking for about 30 sticks myself. This stuff does get old after a few years, so keep that in mind.

Scott M.?

I was at HD in Danvers last night and could not find it, is it in any special spots or just with the glues?

>Aqua mend. Great stuff. I have a half a stick waiting to be used. 2.67 a tube.<

Is this for 2 oz or 4 oz? If 2 oz, then I'd imagine we could do better. I've never actually tried the stuff from a hardware store. Everytime I looked at the price I found it about the same price as the 'advertised as reef safe' stuff from other sources. It's possible that I did not look in the right place at Home Depot.

2 bucks and change at HD/Lowes. I believe it's 4oz. (I've also bought from Two Little Fishies).

I usually get it at the paint section of HD and like it somewhat better than 2LF. The HD tend to harden quicker. I'm not sure why. The 'reef safe' from online or LFS tend to be so soft making the placement of bigger frags frustrating.

I've still got 5 tubes. I'll double check the ounces when I get home. The same company also makes wood putty which is exactly the same thing just with different colors. The meshed putty becomes white in both marketed products. I got my last tubes at Walmart. Same price.

Back