Any explanation for this??? Unbelievable

thespsguy

Non-member
I was watching news on tv this morning and suddenly I looked and..., I found a crab walking in my coffee table in my leaving room 10 feet away from my tanks. How that happen?
Lol

I asked my wife, son and no one had answer. Not even my dog

Attachments

• B8803817-777A-4D49-8DF3-A630FC673CA1.jpeg
    B8803817-777A-4D49-8DF3-A630FC673CA1.jpeg
    117.3 KB · Views: 387
Hahaha I had shrimp escape my aquarium back when I was keeping freshwater planted tanks, but I've never seen this. Maybe it was launched by a startled fish? Is your tank covered? Or maybe did someone take a rock out of your aquarium last night?

Hahaha I had shrimp escape my aquarium back when I was keeping freshwater planted tanks, but I've never seen this. Maybe it was launched by a startled fish? Is your tank covered? Or maybe did someone take a rock out of your aquarium last night?
Jason half of the tank is covered only, but is a new system, only about a month, no algae or anything to grab and climb, this is what intrigues me, but I'm glad I saved him...but it was very strange when I saw that thing moving in my table.hahaha

That is crazy! Hahahaha!

The Marine Biology lab at UNCW had an octopus that managed to decimate the fish population in a tank that it wasn't in.. It would escape at night and travel to the other tank, eat and go back to it's own tank.

Yes, isn't strange. Unfortunately it was to late for one of my hermit crabs. A couple of weeks I found him already dead nearby the tank. They go to the tank edge and by accident fall to the floor. They look for food in and out the water. They can stay for long time out. I don't know how much, but for sure for hours.

The fun part on yours is that he climbed the table.

I put mine in the tank but the ophiuroideas (brittle stars) picked him ASAP, so I knew it was dead.

Cheers

My nerite snails climb in n out of my tank all the time. Don’t know how they find there way back to water but they do. Most of these critters are intertidal so being out of water for 8 hours isn’t uncommon.

I've also had certain species of snails crawl out of the tank, but usually not go far. Pretty unusual for hermits to actually leave a tank. Mine regularly crawl to the top of some SPS that have hit the water surface. They snack on the algae that grows as the tips spread and the center is dead and covered with algae.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back