Free Any Free Items I Can Have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiGGiePauls33

Current BRS President
Staff member
Officer
BRS Member
Hey guys and girls of Boston Reefers, does anyone have any items that they paid for at a point in time want to give them to me for free, so I can clean them up and sell them seeing that Christmas is in a couple weeks and I could use the extra money.
I'll take anything as a start to my new business venture called " If it's Free, it's for Me" or "My Time is Money".

Thanks in advance.

Paul

When discussing marine disease in the community aquarium / reef tank, it is very important to make the key distinction about what we are actually dealing with;

parasite {noun}: something that resembles a biological parasite in dependence on something else for existence or support without making a useful or adequate return
"That city has become a parasite on the country."

Vs,

ir·ri·tant {adjective}; thing that is continually annoying or distracting.
"in 1966, Vietnam was becoming an irritant to the government"

Hypo salinity along with quarantine is effective against the appropriate parasites, but generally ineffective against irritants unless the irritant is entirely removed via the QT process. i.e., Hypo when done correctly will eliminate ick, but will not correct a PH problem in the main system, though it may relieve the fish's distress by removing it from the irritant (but said irritant will remain in the main system when the fish is returned)

Personally I prefer the tank transfer method for ick prevention / treatment, but good husbandry is key to managing irritants IME/IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back