Anyone have a majano wand or laser?

jdeb101

Non-member
Noticed what appears to be a small majano in my tank. I'd hate to waste money on a laser to be used once (hopefully), so if anyone has one to borrow or "rent"? TIA.

Careful with lasers. They're more likely to damage your retinas than kill majanos.

If it's juts one, just kill it with kalk, or siphon it out with airline, asap before it replicates.

I cover them with super glue
Also, I have a laser if you want to borrow it. Comes with glasses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have this thing I ordered off some Russian Ebay type site. It's a laser all right... tested it on some algae in a freshwater tank and the next morning the algae was eating my breakfast and making fun of me in another language. You can borrow it though.. in fact... just take it.. please!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Thanks all. I used the boiling hot water method to rid of it. Funny thing is, I'm not even 100% certain it was majano. It could have been a baby spawn of a mushroom coral that was very close to it, but my understanding is mushrooms spawn by splitting in half, and this thing was much smaller.

Thanks all. I used the boiling hot water method to rid of it. Funny thing is, I'm not even 100% certain it was majano. It could have been a baby spawn of a mushroom coral that was very close to it, but my understanding is mushrooms spawn by splitting in half, and this thing was much smaller.
What kind of shroom is it? Some mushrooms like Yumas leave babies behind.

I have this thing I ordered off some Russian Ebay type site. It's a laser all right... tested it on some algae in a freshwater tank and the next morning the algae was eating my breakfast and making fun of me in another language. You can borrow it though.. in fact... just take it.. please!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
If OP is ok with such I'd like to borrow as well

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back