Anyone live in Brockton

joe0813

BRS Member
Finally got to move into the house we just built on the Abington side of brockton. What does everyone have for water pressure? My house seems pretty low in general so I bought a gauge and am only reading 35psi at the outside facets. Hooked up the RO unit and its not even getting past 5psi if im lucky. Its directly plumbed into the cold water line with a valve. Ive looked at BRS for some booster pumps but they are all saying they wont even work unless you have 20psi. soooo now I don't know what to do.

I'm in E.B and the pressure here is terrible at about 20-40 depending upon the season. I run a booster pump and force the water through to about 70PSI, works for me.

On BRS it says the pump needs 20psi to work properly or damage could occur... Is that 20psi at the actual facet before it goes into the RO or 20psi through the RO?

Nvm that question.... its 20psi source water to the pump. so I should be good..... I miss Braintree, I had no water pressure issues with anything. And of course a whole house booster pump is 3k right now and thats my friend whose a plumber and a electrician installing it

As long as the pressure is 20 or higher on the INLET side of your first filter WHILE in use you'll be ok with the booster. If the pressure drops to 5 at the inlet when in use, you got got some type of restricted flow to the RO unit itself from your plumbing.

Today's water pressure before the booster, just change all lines and filters. This guage is before it enters the rodi unit. Heading to the towns water dept to find some answers
PXL_20220712_145700133.MP.jpg

I live on the west side of Brockton. I got about 35psi on my system (at night) with pressure gauge attached to membrane.
A3463224-21DB-44FF-89C0-612269FF27E3.jpeg

Today's water pressure before the booster, just change all lines and filters. This guage is before it enters the rodi unit. Heading to the towns water dept to find some answers View attachment 179799
Just left the water department, they told me someone would be out at 1pm to check. They also said town wide pressure should be 80-90psi. Stay tuned for updates.

Water dept. just left. They dropped the meter and it's reading 70 psi coming into the house. I ran a hose barb from outside to the rodi and have 38. Hot water heater is on it's way out and they said that could be the issue with barely any pressure even though it's tapped into the cold water line. Tomato, tamato, guess we'll see once the tankless hot water heater is installed.

Water dept. just left. They dropped the meter and it's reading 70 psi coming into the house. I ran a hose barb from outside to the rodi and have 38. Hot water heater is on it's way out and they said that could be the issue with barely any pressure even though it's tapped into the cold water line. Tomato, tamato, guess we'll see once the tankless hot water heater is installed.

Any update on your situation? I now have no RO until the 21st.... tried to see if there was any blocks and it just slid off my work bench and broke. Ordered a new one from BRS so hoping to get it sooner

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back