Anyone use an external alarm on their APEX?

JPags

BRS Member

Just picked this up and love it. You plug it into the 24volt plug on the apex and you can have it go on for any emergency issues. The main reason i went with this is that overnight my phone is on Silent and I cant get notified if my Apex alarm goes on for real emergencies. So now I can set any real emergencies to sound this and it wont turn off until I shut the switch off or fix the issue. I have the display unit and tried the audible alarm Apex has but they are not great and do not stay on continuous. Not sure why apex does not have something like this.

Im sure my wife wont like it if this wakes everyone up, but I would rather not wake up to a problem like I did the other day.

1616178410529.png

Yea I would have liked if the light and siren were wired separately but I just use this to wake me up

Definitely something important in my mind. Everyone should have something like that setup. Especially around leaks.

Funny, just got the same thing off ebay. Works great. I currently have set to just go off in case of emergency. So, based on two leak sensors on floor and optical sensor in tank overflow, as well as if my return pump has been off for more then 20 minutes. Agree though, would have been nice to program the light separately for minor alarms like empty ATO.

I also picked up the breakout box with various programable toggle switches from the same/similar vendor. Super handy for water changes and maintenance.

Yea I have one with switches too, makes it easy to shut down everything or kick off a feed with a button in my cabinet.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back