Anyone using innovative marine 112 or 150 INT tanks?

rock-n-reef

BRS Member
Anyone using Innovative Marine 112 or 150 INT lagoon tanks? Looking for some feedback. The tank dimensions look great with 36 front to back, but i see the overflow section is extending across the entire back wall. Wondering if that will become a detritus trap...

https://reefbuilders.com/2019/01/28/nuvo-int-lagoon/

Also if you have one of these, what is the lighting fixture you are using?

Thank you!!!

Last edited:
crickets_chirp.gif

Bump!

Anyone using Innovative Marine 112 or 150 INT lagoon tanks? Looking for some feedback. The tank dimensions look great with 36 front to back, but i see the overflow section is extending across the entire back wall. Wondering if that will become a detritus trap...

https://reefbuilders.com/2019/01/28/nuvo-int-lagoon/

Also if you have one of these, what is the lighting fixture you are using?

Thank you!!!

I looked at these before buying my peninsula but my floors are old and space is limited. I’d really consider getting one if I had concrete floors and space to walk around the tank like the lagoon in this video.

The dimensions of the IM 150 are similar to this tank.

2” doesn’t seem too bad for the sides of the coast to coast “infinity” overflow but I couldn’t fit my hand in there. That area would probably get filled up with a bunch of sponges feather dusters and, if you have any, bubble algae and aptasia over time.

Filtration Type:

Internal "Bean Animal" Trapezoid Overflow
Laser cut black acrylic "Infinity" overflow wall
Overflow Wall Length: 47.3” (1201.42mm)
Overflow Wall Width: 5.75” (146.05mm)
Overflow Wall Sides: 2.12" (53.85mm)
Overflow Wall Height: 19.7” (500.38mm)

I looked at these before buying my peninsula but my floors are old and space is limited. I’d really consider getting one if I had concrete floors and space to walk around the tank like the lagoon in this video.

The dimensions of the IM 150 are similar to this tank.

Now that is a beautiful looking tank I think filtration cannot get any simpler than that!

Agreed on the floor weight. the stand that comes with the IM tank is a bit high and will not provide a full top down view... but is a good hybrid between a true lagoon and an okay height to profile a front view.

2” doesn’t seem too bad for the sides of the coast to coast “infinity” overflow but I couldn’t fit my hand in there. That area would probably get filled up with a bunch of sponges feather dusters and, if you have any, bubble algae and aptasia over time.

thank you!
that is exactly what I'm worried about. But unless I go to a custom build, I don't see tanks that provide the depth that this one provides. Maybe, I'll add some cheap koralia pumps on each side to keep things suspended and blackout the overflow top to avoid any algae growth.

I think, I'm trying to convince myself that it is okay... so probably at a point of no return!
So the tank order is going in tonight .

Will post updates when I start the build. So if it goes south, at least it will help someone not to do the same mistake!!!

It looks like there are baffles on each side of the IM 150 Int overflow. The euro bracing also covers the top of those side overflow areas. I can’t see in the videos, but my guess is that the baffles may be forcing the water under and over into the middle chamber similar to an AIO.

My Trigger Systems Sapphire 26 sump has a chamber that the main drain pipe drains into. I can’t access that chamber, but I don’t think too much about it. I also can’t see on the chamber because it is covered in sponges and feather dusters...

The vertical chamber to the right of 1 is what I’m referring to.

The IM 150 Int looks like a nice tank. The euro bracing and metal stand would make me feel better than the WB rimless tank and wood stand.

You can see a glimpse of the “baffles” in this video at 2:23 mins

The “baffles” look more like support pieces to keep the overflow from bowing. Drew also talks about how he thinks the main return design should take care of detritus.

looks like there are baffles on each side of the IM 150 Int overflow. The euro bracing also covers the top of those side overflow areas. I can’t see in the videos, but my guess is that the baffles may be forcing the water under and over into the middle chamber similar to an AIO.

My Trigger Systems Sapphire 26 sump has a chamber that the main drain pipe drains into. I can’t access that chamber, but I don’t think too much about it. I also can’t see on the chamber because it is covered in sponges and feather dusters...
Thank you. Yes, i see that. In the sump it should be high flow area as that is where all the water enters. But in the tank, since the weir extends the full length, probably only a portion of water flow goes through there.

I'll find out soon! Placed my order for 112 INT yesterday. After doing a lot of math on the floor joist span, load and spouse acceptance factor :), decided to go with the 112 instead of 150.

Thank you. Yes, i see that. In the sump it should be high flow area as that is where all the water enters. But in the tank, since the weir extends the full length, probably only a portion of water flow goes through there.

I'll find out soon! Placed my order for 112 INT yesterday. After doing a lot of math on the floor joist span, load and spouse acceptance factor :), decided to go with the 112 instead of 150.
What’s formula did you use?

Gallons + Spouse Inconvenience * $ = SAF ?

Now comes the long wait. Good luck!

Last edited:
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back