Anyone want to host a Virtual Meeting on Zoom?

BiGGiePauls33

Current BRS President
Staff member
Officer
BRS Member
Trying to think outside the box here. Zoom allows video conferencing with up to 100 participants at a time for free. Figured this may be a good way to go for the foreseeable future. i think this would be a great way to boost morale and maybe people can show off their setups. Virtual tanks tours. I can potentially set something up maybe for tomorrow, if people would like to see what's going on over here. Nothing fancy, but have a couple grow out tank up and running at the moment. Waiting on some plumbing fittings and will be finishing off plumbing a DT and Frag tank.

I'd be all for it. afboundguy's better 1/2 has been doing zoom for classroom stuff and we've done some yoga on zoom (yes I do yoga lol).

Would the club get a speaker and make it organized? Could get a speaker to do a DIY meeting or maybe get a sponsor to "host" a meeting and talk about their setup/store or something fun... Just tossing around ideas that's all...

Seeing that social distancing was just extended through the end of April, I'd say this is the way to go for the foreseeable future of the club. I'll reach out to a couple of Sponsors and see if they want to participate. Stay tuned.

BTW the fee meetings are limited to 40 minutes. You have to setup another one and re-join if you want to go longer. Just wanted to mention it, but I love zoom is a great product.

BTW the fee meetings are limited to 40 minutes. You have to setup another one and re-join if you want to go longer. Just wanted to mention it, but I love zoom is a great product.
Not really sure how long it would take to maybe show off tank and equipment, but I would think that it wouldn't take more than 40 minutes to do so.

Club could always purchase a zoom package to make it last longer and up the ability to have more people attend. No clue how much money that would cost though....

Club could always purchase a zoom package to make it last longer and up the ability to have more people attend. No clue how much money that would cost though....
Next tier starts at $15 per month. I'll call today to see if they offer anything for 501c3 non profits.

Last edited:
Back