Apex Fusion

Jim Tansey

BRS Member
I'm trying to get my Apex Fusion running I have using it with the older dashboard setup but I will be traveling and need the internet control. It works with an Ethernet cable but not with my Netgear adapter, any suggestions? Also I'm trying to be sure the IP addresses are correct but how do I find the address of my laptop and should they be the same? One more, does anyone know the procedure for setting the WPS buttons.

Jim

Jim, you have problem with getting Fusion to work or the Netgear adapter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I got it working yesterday!!!! I am terrible with computers but I kept playing with the WPS buttons and it finally contacted. I do have one more question, my internet goes out every once in a while like most people I guess, when it does Fusion often will not come back by itself and I need to reboot using the only method I know with the Apex display module. Is their another method to reboot when I'm not home and can't use the display module such as when on vacation. Thanks much for the reply.

Jim

I got it working yesterday!!!! I am terrible with computers but I kept playing with the WPS buttons and it finally contacted. I do have one more question, my internet goes out every once in a while like most people I guess, when it does Fusion often will not come back by itself and I need to reboot using the only method I know with the Apex display module. Is their another method to reboot when I'm not home and can't use the display module such as when on vacation. Thanks much for the reply.

Jim

Fusion generally reconnect on its own. If you have a computer that always on, you could set it up as a remote and use that to reboot your Apex while you're away.

Do you usually have to reboot your router? Internet line from isp rarely got disconnect.

Make sure your apex firmware is up to date as well. If I have to guess is that the fail to reconnect cause by the wireless bridge or your router.

I was having the same problem with the same setup, Apex classic and Netgear WiFi adapter. It stopped working, messed around with it and got it working again. Was fine for a few weeks but now is not working again. I'm going to replace the adapter this weekend. I think that is where the problem is.

Forgive me if this is a dumb question but when my Fusion goes out it will not let you log on with my laptop it just displays a message "Fusion Not Connected" so I can no longer use my laptop and am forced to use the Apex Display Module to reboot it. My problem is that I can't bring the display module with me on vacation as it would obviously be useless, I don't understand why this is not a major problem for everyone using Apex, I MUST BE MISSING SOMETHING.

Jim

This for me to learn : how old is your APEX ?

I got mine in 2014, set it up with Fusion and never stop working. Every time electricity goes off (many times per year) the system start alone, fusion connects and I get the messages saying that Fusion was off for xxx time frame.

I NEVER updated the software. It is working and I am not adding any new periferal to it. I added the DOS dosing system that year. I never calibrated it again. As I increase or decrease the dose based on the Alk levels.

Bottom line, I always follow these threads to learn, because something similar can happen to me. Touch wood, all have been smoothly.

My Apex is about a year and a half years old, its working now but that could change with the next internet interruption, sometimes I can fix it with a reboot using the display module but that is no help if I'm on vacation when the internet goes down if that happens I can no longer monitor my tank until I get home.

Jim

Can you run the cable and leave it there while you are on vacation? That way you take the wifi issue out of the equation. I'm thinking of running a wire this weekend instead of relaying on wifi

We just lost power and the internet for about fifteen minutes this happens maybe 15-20 times a year here on the Cape, Fusion went out and did not return when the internet came back and I had to reboot the Apex using the Apex Display Module, if I had been away I would not have been able to monitor the tank until I returned home. The Netgear adapter did not need a reset of any kind for that reason I don't think running a hard cable would help, but while away I could do it if it would, but it seems any interruption in the web signal requires a reboot.

Jim

Just got done hard wiring mine. That's a good idea, run the hard wire then power cycle your cable modem and see if fusion come back on. I was getting the blinking green power led on my netgear wifi adapter. I was going to replace but figured I could run a wire and not have that problem again. I had to run a wire to update anyway.

I just heading out but will try tomorrow, my tank location will not allow me to run a cable when home I could run it across the floor when on vacation (floor is slab with vaulted ceiling.

Jim

Jim, powerline is also an option if you can't hardwire. If you stay with wifi adapter, try apple airport express, it's much more reliable than the Netgear.

Thank you guys for the response, now that its working again I was afraid to disconnect the internet but I know I should to confirm the problem. I suspect the cause is dropping the internet connection and Fusion not restarting again if that's the case a new bridge will not help, but I need to find out.

Jim

Here is something I do not understand. My Apex was first with WiFi and i lost the connection many times, but Fusion never failed to re-connect. Then I used the power line as it was suggested. Finally I was able to wire it to the router.

Nevertheless, in all those situations I lost internet (bad WiFi, bad power line and lost of electricity) but I never lost Fusion.

Have you consulted Apex customer service ?

Sorry if you consider this comment naive but after wiring directly your APEX for your trip I will be trying to talk to customer service.

Best !!

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back