Apex help please

Zirky

Non-member
I'm having a tough time setting up my apex and I think it's due to poor wifi signal. Does anyone have a recommendation for a repeater? Also when I try to setup an account on there ap the ask for a token where o I find that#%>>>€!!!! I think the folks at Neptune are video game designers and they think this crap is fun.

following...I have had an apex for a year now...you need to be an IT person to use it fully; port forwarding...bla bla bla. It nice once it is set up...god forbid you lose WFI though....lol

actually, i set it up wireless at first...it was a PITA since i can be tech challenged. But, the directions eventually got me thru it, I think the main problem i had was the WFI. I had the same issue you did. I bought this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075LDMHMD/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 It is decent but really only repeated a weak connection. Sometimes closing my basement door would cause me to lose connection. after months of battle, ran a hard wire from the extender to the apex....I figured I could close that loop a bit and it is working much better now

IMG_1411.JPG
I just bought this it installed very easy but I'm still not getting through to dashboard

So there are 2 ways to connect I believe. Tech gurus please chime in. There is Apex local and apex fusion. Local is the Apexs own WFI...think Bluetooth...Fusion is net work or on line where you can access anywhere. Try connecting locally, then access dashboard there to set up network. God I hope I didn't butcher that

i put the booster in my bathroom where it was closest to the router. Didn't work so I moved at closer to the Neptune and I get full signal but still telling me to check my password and ssisomthing.

I have 2 Apex in the house. I bought a netgear wireless access point (for each one). Once you set these up on your network, the ethernet port on the access point should be no different than a hardwired port.

Once it is plugged into a port it should automatically create it's own ip. You should be able to get the token off of the LCD screen when you look in the "fusion" menu.

Get the access point set up first. That is step one. I can explain the port forwarding after.

These are what I bought. You don't need anything high speed. It's just an aquarium controller.

NETGEAR N300 WiFi Range Extender (EX2700) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L0YLRUW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_DjUjCbCNXQWH2

Actually, I forgot to ask. Which model are you using? Is it the new one with Wifi of the older ones that are hardwired only

I think he needs someone to tell him where to find the Token. I thought it was on the display.

Well I'm pretty sure the problem I've been having is poor signal strength. I used my phone as a wifi meter and found 2 bars outa three and placed the extender there now I'm getting the same message from that.its frustrating I can stream super high def movies on a 55" screen but I can't get acces to set the clock on my fishtank controller.

I'm in thank you so much the problem was the repeater. Now I just gotta overcome the half attempts to create an account (I think ) I keep getting invalid Token

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back