Apex salinity probe

reefer125g

Non-member
I really wish that Apex would just right into the software a calibration program that I could just use a refractometer or my Hanna checker to set what my salinity is at instead of having to go through using calibration solutions.

Probe is off by 4 full points again ! Checked with my Hanna and refractometer. Put the probe in calibration solution and it reads 38.2 . About to throw out this probe and idea of using it !

I struggle with "easy" tec stuff to. The stability and piece of mind will be worth it if you can figure out whats going wrong. There is probaly a small detail your missing. Dont give up. Lol

Probe is off by 4 full points again ! Checked with my Hanna and refractometer. Put the probe in calibration solution and it reads 38.2 . About to throw out this probe and idea of using it !

I will come help you, you need to do a manual calibration and not automatic. The biggest problem generally is people are not getting the probe completely dry before starting the calibration process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really wish that Apex would just right into the software a calibration program that I could just use a refractometer or my Hanna checker to set what my salinity is at instead of having to go through using calibration solutions.

Because that wouldn’t actually calibrate the probe and could cause tanks to crash.

Sure it would ! If the probe is reading 30 and I check the tank its 35 and set the probe to 35 it is calibrated. Its the same thing we do with the temp probe.

Sure it would ! If the probe is reading 30 and I check the tank its 35 and set the probe to 35 it is calibrated. Its the same thing we do with the temp probe.

It doesn’t work that way to calibrate it properly you need to zero and a span. I here the same thing over and over and they work fine when done properly.

Spot on, last calibrated over 9 months
a6d063e2493b1eaba979c12b2acb99a3.jpg

Here’s another tank I monitor for a customer, spot on calibrated over a month ago
f8f49754010bc46f30461fd580a21f39.jpg

Your welcome to come by and try to fix this but two head units and 3 probes and several hours on the phone dialed into my computer and Neptune cant get it right !

Your welcome to come by and try to fix this but two head units and 3 probes and several hours on the phone dialed into my computer and Neptune cant get it right !

Pull the salinity probe out and dry it off, let it sit out overnight. PM me your address and I will come over tomorrow afternoon/ evening let me know what time will be good for you. Do you have calibration fluid?

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back