Apex Trident Reagent guides

SteveDola

Good Tings
BRS Member
Ive been getting bad readings because the needle in the bottles is not sitting correctly...I know some people 3d print guides that fit in the bottles...does someone local to RI/MASS do it? Seems like BS that for a 600-dollar device I need to get plastic cones to make the needle fit correctly but it beats wasting money and time on expensive reagents and poor readings.

I believe someone in here was offering 3d printing but I'd also be interested in this and a trident 3d shelf print.

Ive been getting bad readings because the needle in the bottles is not sitting correctly...I know some people 3d print guides that fit in the bottles...does someone local to RI/MASS do it? Seems like BS that for a 600-dollar device I need to get plastic cones to make the needle fit correctly but it beats wasting money and time on expensive reagents and poor readings.
I have a printer and can do it but you can also pick up on Etsy cheap I probably can’t do them any cheaper. I use them for my trident. The needle guides are not to help with readings they are for getting all regent out of bottle. Bad readings means something else is wrong. How off are your readings? Is there anything with the supply like? Have it near any other dosing lines?

If you are up this way i would print them for a frag but not worth the trip from RI for the cost of these alone

This is what I bought. I like the extended tube holder for the sample line it makes sure the sample line always stays in the same place

I did the reset on the trident. It seems to be better but I was still getting 500 calcium (better than 680) which is high according to the previous readings which actually were very close to the salifert test results I was receiving. I used the calibration liquid from Apex and still had off readings...I ended up calibrating the trident to my tank water and used the salifert testing results as the control. I think its good.

I’m actually thinking of doing the same thing just using tank water and other calibration kit. I have checked against icp tests ant it’s still always off.

I saw a video on YT and read a thread on r2r about doing it and as long as you verify the results of your home kits with a friends kit or LFS then I think you're ok

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back