Aqualight t5 hybrid

Jack the noob

Non-member
Hey guys I have a 55 gal tank long and want to grow corals and after doing a ton of research I thing I am going to go with the aqualight t5 hybrid and start without LEDs but I wanted to know what you think and what bulbs you would use

Slombardi

BRS Member
I have 2 blue plus, coral plus and actinic. Its more white than blue. Depends on what you're looking for. I use with a Radion.

Jack the noob

Non-member
I keep flip flopping as I do the research so I was thinking of starting with 1 ai prime in the center of the tank so I can get a frag or 2 at the meeting then in a couple weeks buy another one then work my way up to 3 lights
Btw I only play on getting softies and low light corals do you think this would work

dz6t

Acro Garden, BRS Sponsor
BRS Member
The Aquaticlife t5 hybrid fixture may be too wide for a 12" front to back tank.

Ttran102

BRS Member
I think you should get the cheap led chinese box because the t5 hybrid is too wide for your tank. I think it's 18" wide and yours is 12"

Jack the noob

Non-member
I think you should get the cheap led chinese box because the t5 hybrid is too wide for your tank. I think it's 18" wide and yours is 12"
First off thanks everyone for replying so fast Yea I looked into that but I thought about it I then thought it might make since to go with 3 ai primehd lights but start with one and work my way up. My tank is very new so I plan on maybe getting a frag or two at the meeting but that would be it until I get more ai primes

Upcoming Events

Zoom Tour of Joker's Reef Tank May 27 @ 6PM http://bostonreefers.org/forums/index.php?threads/zoom-tour-of-jokers-reef-tank-may-27-6pm.169126/