AquaMax HOB skimmer question

vinny

BRS Member
Does any one have or had one of the skimmers, I losing bubbles. I reached out to AquaMax last year with a picture and they told me just to clean the body because it had some corraline growing on it. I removed the corraline and now I have even more bubbles escaping, what i found was that my skimmer has a bow to it, you can see the micro bubbles in between the collection cup and the body. I'm going to try to attach a pic of skimmer lmk what you think or have any ideas. Thanks
53d22844009882fa6fddedbafd897670.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I've never used one of those skimmers but by the looks of it, shouldn't that o-ring be creating a seal?

I think that's more to adjust the height of the cup/column and not to actually seal the unit...at least that's how it worked on my CPR HOB when I was running that years ago.

Darkar652 is correct the o-ring is to adjust the height of the collection cup.

I find if I either over tighten or under tighten the screw after cleaning I can get water and sometimes bubbles.
I've adjusted the screw and it has no impact on the bubbles, i removed the collection cup put a straight edge to it and found that it has a bow to it.

Keep the cup raised up as high as you can. Also I put a little 1x1 inch foam pad between the HOB and the glass ... it helps to keep them level together.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back