AquaMaxx HOB-1.5 hanging on the sump

chadfish

BRS Member
Has anyone used the AquaMaxx HOB-1.5 in their sump? I mean hanging on the sump.

My sump is pretty small and looking to replace a Coralife 65 that I have hanging on the edge of the sump.

Thanks for sharing your experiences

Funny thing is I was thinking the same thing. Im setting up a frag tank in my basement and already have one so was going to try using that on the sump. Im not ready to do it, but if I do set it up ill let you know how its goes.

These are pretty tough to get primed sometimes, I'd imagine sump use wouldn't be so effective
Not only is it super easy to prime, I bought one and hung it on my 15gal sump. It’s out of the way and sliming nicely.
I’m not a fan of the tuning. You’re limited to the height of the cup. Which is held in place by a rubber gasket. You move the gasket up to lower the cup. Not ideal, but I’m getting a nice dry skimmate at the moment.

Funny thing is I was thinking the same thing. Im setting up a frag tank in my basement and already have one so was going to try using that on the sump. Im not ready to do it, but if I do set it up ill let you know how its goes.
I already did it and it’s going well!

Yeah wish I could say the same about mine, takes 30 seconds to a minute blocking air and pouring water in the pump side to begin to prime on a nuvo. Works well after...... But a bear to prime. Shocked it'll pull enough water to function well from a sump.

These are pretty tough to get primed sometimes, I'd imagine sump use wouldn't be so effective
Yeah wish I could say the same about mine, takes 30 seconds to a minute blocking air and pouring water in the pump side to begin to prime on a nuvo. Works well after...... But a bear to prime. Shocked it'll pull enough water to function well from a sump.

Yeah...... I have 4 Aquamaxx skimmers and have sold one with an old aquarium, totally understand how it functions after 2 years owning it. It just doesn't have the pulling power like my reef octopus or other hob skimmers I've used. Maybe I got a dud, maybe you got a stud

Yeah...... I have 4 Aquamaxx skimmers and have sold one with an old aquarium, totally understand how it functions after 2 years owning it. It just doesn't have the pulling power like my reef octopus or other hob skimmers I've used. Maybe I got a dud, maybe you got a stud
Maybe both. lol

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back