Aquarium Recommendations

retmaze

Non-member
Hello!

Do any of you have any opinions or recommendations for aquariums - an all-in-one kit or buying equipment piecemeal? I'm a newbie and am looking for approx 100-125 gallon, glass, sleak/slim non-bulky stand. The number of options for setting up are overwhelming and I'm hoping to hear some pros/cons. Any favorite aquarium brands? I see Red Sea and Fluval often in my searches. Thanks!
-Matt

It really depends on what your price range is and how much or little interaction regarding equipment maintenance you want to have with your tank. I do not know much about the red sea reef tank packages although I hear folks like them. I feel they are pricey for what you get. My system is customized and pieced separately with new and second hand equipment which I feel was cheaper and some better equipment. It depends what road you want to go down. If speed of setup is your idea go with a package but in this hobby I have learned it is not about speed but getting it right the 1st time and buy the best equipment your wallet can afford.

What marvinsreef said, it comes down to what your price range is, what corals you plan on keeping, and how patient you can be.

If I was choosing a tank between 100-125g I would choose from the obvious Red Sea reefer series, or the Innovative Marine Nuvo INT 100 if you wanted to choose your own sump and preferred a sleeker stand

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back