Aquascaping question??

BackInTheTank

Non-member
So I am getting ready to aqua scape my new build 150gal.
so I bought some prime cuts and want to apply some of the prime cuts to the back glass and overflows. Looking for ideas on the best bonding agent. I was going to use a GE Silicone 1 100%. My question is would this not be the best for the results I am looking for?? I would let it fully cure before adding water. And all the rock is dry rock for the aquascape. Ty

I have used this method many times. I find it more reliable, and much safer in stopping rock falls and collapses. Just use any base dry rock and as little silicone as possible.

Nice ty I have already got one over flow done . Working on the second one and then the rest of the Aquascape. Planning on using g small peices of prime cuts to attach to the back glass in a small arch like bridge from overflow to overflow . Then a small structure towards the front of the glass in the center . And then two islands in the front right and left corners!!

I would use rtv 108 over GE. It's much more structurally sound and what a lot of tanks are made with. GE silicone is fine for baffles and small projects, but it's really a low end silicone.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back