Aquatic Treasures in Watertown

JeanR

BRS Member
Address: 35 Galen St, Watertown, MA 02472

I thought I should put this store on people's radar as it is getting better and better.

The shop is now 1/3 freshwater fish, 1/3 saltwater fish and 1/3 corals. Norman handles the fish and Marty handles the corals. Marty rents space in the back of the store from Norm and has a small but decent collection of LPS, softies and some SPS. Marty has a lot of $10 zoa frags and $20 LPS/SPS frags. He has higher end pieces too (scolys, acans, brains, torches, cynarina, etc...). Marty has been reefing for 10+ years - he joined the store at the beginning of 2017 and is helping to make it better.

Not the cleanest store, not the best selection you've ever seen - but it's another LFS and Marty & Norm are nice guys. The prices are better than the other storefront vendors in the greater Boston area.

Aquatic Treasures is definitely worth a visit!

Jeff.:P

BRS Member
No kidding they finally got corals again! They were setting up for several years to get stuff in.

I bought a rainbow brain coral from them 8 years for $50 that was in bad shape / dying. Fed it and got it back to its previous glory.

When I broke down that tank it sold for $200+

I'll have to stop by and check it out!

Attachments

Chris A.

Formally toomanyfish
BRS Member
Officer
No kidding they finally got corals again! They were setting up for several years to get stuff in.

I bought a rainbow brain coral from them 8 years for $50 that was in bad shape / dying. Fed it and got it back to its previous glory.

When I broke down that tank it sold for $200+

I'll have to stop by and check it out!
That's a nice coral

kams56

BRS Member
Absolutely worth the visit if you are in the area. Have personally bought a lot of really nice corals from Marty and a few good fish from Norm. Good people, good pieces, good prices.

Upcoming Events

Sunday February 17th, 2019
BRS February Meeting
West Side Social Club
4 Harrington Court
Wakefield MA

Saturday March 2nd, 2019
Frag Farmer's Market
E.O. Smith High School
1235 Storrs Road
Storrs, CT

Sunday March 10th, 2019