Aquatic Treasures in Watertown

JeanR

BRS Member
Address: 35 Galen St, Watertown, MA 02472

I thought I should put this store on people's radar as it is getting better and better.

The shop is now 1/3 freshwater fish, 1/3 saltwater fish and 1/3 corals. Norman handles the fish and Marty handles the corals. Marty rents space in the back of the store from Norm and has a small but decent collection of LPS, softies and some SPS. Marty has a lot of $10 zoa frags and $20 LPS/SPS frags. He has higher end pieces too (scolys, acans, brains, torches, cynarina, etc...). Marty has been reefing for 10+ years - he joined the store at the beginning of 2017 and is helping to make it better.

Not the cleanest store, not the best selection you've ever seen - but it's another LFS and Marty & Norm are nice guys. The prices are better than the other storefront vendors in the greater Boston area.

Aquatic Treasures is definitely worth a visit!

No kidding they finally got corals again! They were setting up for several years to get stuff in.

I bought a rainbow brain coral from them 8 years for $50 that was in bad shape / dying. Fed it and got it back to its previous glory.

When I broke down that tank it sold for $200+

I'll have to stop by and check it out!

Attachments

• IMG_2594.JPG
    IMG_2594.JPG
    157.4 KB · Views: 684
No kidding they finally got corals again! They were setting up for several years to get stuff in.

I bought a rainbow brain coral from them 8 years for $50 that was in bad shape / dying. Fed it and got it back to its previous glory.

When I broke down that tank it sold for $200+

I'll have to stop by and check it out!
That's a nice coral

Absolutely worth the visit if you are in the area. Have personally bought a lot of really nice corals from Marty and a few good fish from Norm. Good people, good pieces, good prices.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back