Are Emerald Crabs as harmful as STD crabs?

gurumasta

Senior Moron
I have some bubble algae funkiness and I want to get rid of it. Will emerald crabs eat my coral or should I go for it?

Thanks!

I have a bunch of emeralds right now in a mixed reef and they don't bother anything....in fact they barely bother my algae.. -_-

Emeral crab are ok as long as you feed them or there its enough food in you tank for them . I have then in previous tank when there was no more algae they start it to eat my zoas/ palys while i watch them doit . So no matter how safe people tell me they are if i can avoid it i wont add it to my tank .
Now if its a must i will add them but rehome then after they done their job !
Emeral crab are really good as a clean up crew !

Thanks for replies. I will throw them in and see if I can catch them once BA is cleared to avoid any risk...

How easy are the suckers to remove after they have completed their assignment?

I never had a issue with mine, then my serpent stars killed him. Bubble algae when I had it I used a airline tube for siphon, and just cut the bubbles algae, and sucked it out in one action.

I put a couple emeralds in and on second day one of the little bastards was picking at my sunset millepora like it was spinach dip. I sat there and watched him he was legit pulling the polyps off and chowing on them.

He's now in Steevarenos tank lol...

I added two others and they haven't touched the bubble algae yet. I hoping that will change. If not I'll try to siphon this funk out...

Back