Ati essentials pro

Chris A.

Formally toomanyfish
BRS Member
Since technically this hasn’t been released yet I’m not going to throw the people I got it from under the bus.
08423D7C-7DF0-4CA4-A9E6-2F7C125D0F6B.jpeg
CC8B72F7-4D4C-4D52-A293-6DEDDA2ADEC2.jpeg

Interesting. I'm using ATI Essentials and not sure I'm completely happy with it. My last Triton ICP test came up with shortages in several trace elements.

Mine didn’t with the normal essentials ( FYI they discontinued it ) because I add iodine few times a week and don’t run a lot of carbon. This new one is supposed to be higher in the lacking traces but will see in a month or two.

Yep, it was iodine that was the big one that was low. I've been dosing it by hand every day since the ICP results came back and I think I'm starting to notice my corals coloring up a bit. Of course, I'm always doing other stuff as well, so who knows if it's really the iodine.

It could be
The iodine is supposed to promote blues in corals. If that was what you saw lacking for color

From what I read about iodine, it’s depleted from our tanks rather quickly and none of these companies can add a set amount since every tank is different with different animals that consume it at different ratios

I test every few months with icp
I use Kent’s iodide since it’s a better form of iodine for coral uptake.i dose about half the recommended dose from Kent and it keeps my tank at a stable level

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back