Automatic Top off options

Deafasa

BRS Member
Hi Everyone,
My son just got a 13.5 gallon Fluval Sea Evo. Try as I might to convince him to make it Freshwater, he seems set on saltwater. As I haven't bought equipment in years beyond an occasional powerhead, what are some good options for an auto top off. With that small a tank I think an ATO is going to be a critical piece of equipment. I'm using a Liter Meter 3 on my 55 gallon tank, so something that you can control the flow rate would be ideal. I don't like float switches, since if they fail your entire water reservoir will get pumped into your tank (and if that sucker overflows the wife will not be happy with him or me.)
Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions.
Jeff

I went cheap. No problems yet. Coralbox n50 was I think 50-60 bucks.

Works great uses optics with a back up float switch.

Dong has them for sale so I picked it up from him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Tunze nano only has a float switch, so that is out. The full size is an option, although it pricey. I didn't see anything that said the n50 had the optical sensor. It is looking like the A100 has two sensors, but I believe you if you say Dong is selling them with the dual sensors.
Has anyone used the innovative marine auto topoff?

The Tunze nano only has a float switch, so that is out. The full size is an option, although it pricey. I didn't see anything that said the n50 had the optical sensor. It is looking like the A100 has two sensors, but I believe you if you say Dong is selling them with the dual sensors.
Has anyone used the innovative marine auto topoff?
Why is it out? It is set up to only run for a minute at a time maximum. I think that equates to 0.4L.

Thanks Everyone. Good to know about the timer cutoff on the Tunze Nano. Still not sure I like a float switch as the main cutoff.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back