Automatic water changes

According to this calculator a daily 2 gallon change for 30 days on a 400 gallon tank = 13.96% new water after 30 days.

Awesome post. I checked my figures of 120 gallons total volume approximately and I have mine set at 1.5 gallons / day over a 2 hour period daily continuous water changes or 10.5 gallons / week. This results in approximately a 31.5% new water change out over 30 days give or take some for running the in / out lines off DOS at the same time. I am completely good with this. My mixing bins lasts me almost three weeks of no water change work and I don't have to do anything... that's what I'm talking about. Siphon out display edges and sump every other month while doing a typical water change and call it a day.

Just an update here. I have decided not to use the "automatic water changes" but doing daily manual water changes. I now do 10 gallons a day on a 400 gallon system that equates to 16.24% over a week and over 55% over a month. I much rather doing this small task daily than a larger production each week. I have been doing this now about a month and I don't really see much change in the tank at all.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back