Back from vacation...good news all around!

mikestod

BRS Member
Got back from my Caribbean cruise this evening. I shut down my lights for the week, swapped my 5g bucket of top-off water with a temporary 20g tank, and rationed food into the 7-day medication containers so my father could feed the fish. Came back and everything is fine...WHAT A RELIEF! All fish are acounted for, and all corals are doing well.

Better yet, my 2 clarkii clowns decided to pair while I was a way. When I left, the larger older one would chase the younger one away from its rose anemone, and only marginally tolerate its occasional presence in the green BTA one the other side of the tank. Came home, turned on the lights and found both were paired in the green BTA and bonding nicely. 6 months later...

Vacation was great. Cruise was really nice, the service on Royal Caribbean was outstanding. Got to do a two-tank dive in Grand Cayman. It was my first dive outside of New England, and my first up close encounter with a wild reef. AMAZING! Hopefully the cheapo underwater camera pictures will come out and I can scan them in and post them. My group of friends pitched in and got a DVD of our dives as a souvenier. Hopefully that turned out good and will show some good marine life. I also took some photos while snorkling in Cozumel. I think thats where the next dive trip next year will be.

It took me a while to get caught up on the reef boards too. Can't make it to the next meeting, but the next one I go to I'm sure I'll have a pocket full of pictures.

grand cayman is awesome. cant imagine how beautiful the reefs must had looked before 70% of them were wasted away.

Back