Back in to the reef tank. Help needed.

Jpham

Non-member
Hi, Guys just getting back into the reef tanks again. I picked up a 120gal this past weekend. I need some help with getting RODI water. I only have 3x 5-gallon jugs. I was wondering if anyone could lend me some jugs to help me cut down on trips.

You should say where you are located. If you need them in a hurry Lowes and Home Depot have 5 gallon buckets and lids. It wouldnt be the end of the world to have extra buckets around. you will eventually use them.

I Guess I don't have an ro unit yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Someone just posted any RO unit for sale right after your post. For all the money you're gonna spend on water you can buy that one for 40 bucks. Just saying

I opted for an RO Buddie during my reefing tenure.
Its relatively cheap, and you can get replacement cartridges fairly priced both through Amazon.
Well worth the investment to be able to make your own water for changes and top offs.

I agree making RO at home makes it easier and makes me more motivated to do water changes. It was worth the initial cost 100%.

Wow and for 40 bucks good deal!

Get a brand new RO/DI on ebay. By replacing all the cartridges and membrane, you wont save too much buying a used one.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back