Bad day

Cpage101

Current BRS Vice President
Officer
BRS Member
Having a bad day came home to a dead fish. It’s like I have a serious marine velvet outbreak in my tank. Going to try to drain the tank way down so that I can try to rescue some of my fish which are still alive into QT.Really kind of sucks I won’t have my fish in my tank for the holidays. Hopefully I am successful and saving some of my long-time fish I have had since I started. wish me luck![emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Aww man... that sucks! Hopefully it isn’t velvet and is just slime coat/ich or something less contagious.

Good luck with the QT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any recent additions? What’s your plan for the qt? Your looking at 6 weeks if going fallow.

yes I guess it is partially my fault I got some chromies and did not QT as long as I should have. I only observed for weeks. everything looked great and they were eating great. anyways I was able to get all but my wrasse out. must of burrowed under the rock. i had to fill the tank back up so corals would not all die. it was getting kind of long. I have one small damsel which is not accounted for so I am assuming it is dead somewhere in the rock. I have all fish Inwas able to get. did a fresh water dip and in 1/4 strength cupromine. I will test to see level and adjust to about .20.
fb4848cc7a8f953866f3db6990812a90.jpg
ccede4c9a60c0e1587f4c459e4ab32eb.jpg
f9966ef2286242033d187ac44d14dd50.jpg

I do not think it looks good for dory [emoji17]

I am going to add a bunch of hermits to eat the one fish I can not locate. I will be watching for the wrasse

I also know it can not be fallow until I catch the dam wrasse[emoji35]

Can always try a trap. I could not find one wrasse. An hour after I clean up he is out swimming laughing at me. Threw the trap in and had him in 30 minutes.

Can always try a trap. I could not find one wrasse. An hour after I clean up he is out swimming laughing at me. Threw the trap in and had him in 30 minutes.

I have to get a smaller one I borrowed a large one from Arsalan but I can not fit it between rock and glass

finally caught the wrasse!! no I can start my fallow period. man they are smart! i have him in a low 0.2 cuprumine QT for 10 days.I do not want to go to the tie as I hear that’s wrasse can be touchy with copper
fe9ac44c5d2cefd679a7cb628b6f3e37.jpg
75bc4fc97c560fbcf687a97475a45913.jpg

Chelated copper like copper power tends to be easier on the fish, especially wrasses.

Thanks for the heads up. my wrasse did not look to happy so I did 50% WC in my QT and he looks better this morning. ordered up some copper power. what is weird that he is showing no signs that all the other fish who had velvet? I have read that they’re scales and slime coat is stronger and more resistant. what’s everyone’s experiences with velvet and their fish?

Thanks Everyone!

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back