WTB Berghia Nudibranchs or Aptasia eating File Fish

higorc

Call me IGOR :)
BRS Member
Peppermint shrimp work better IMO, tried them both very recently.
Never had any luck with them. I have a copper band butterfly in the display tank, so no aptasia there at all. My overflow and sump though, woof!

dz6t

Acro Garden, BRS Sponsor
BRS Member
In my humble opinion,
If you have wrasse in the tank, it will make a quick meal out of the nudibranch. I will only buy these nudibranch if I can be sure they are the right kind. A friend of mine bought some and then found them munching on his mintipora, lol.
The file fish is good for SPS and LPS only tank, it will destroy your zoas collection quickly,
Peppermint is a good choice and go for the medium to large size ones in a group.

Andy V

BRS Member
In my humble opinion,
If you have wrasse in the tank, it will make a quick meal out of the nudibranch. I will only buy these nudibranch if I can be sure they are the right kind. A friend of mine bought some and then found them munching on his mintipora, lol.
The file fish is good for SPS and LPS only tank, it will destroy your zoas collection quickly,
Peppermint is a good choice and go for the medium to large size ones in a group.
Dong,

I've done berghias a few times in a 60 cube with multiple fairy wrasses. The berghias have always worked. Just put the berghia in after lights out and they should be fine.

higorc

Call me IGOR :)
BRS Member
Thanks guys for all the replies. This would be going in my sump and overflow. No fish there :)

Upcoming Events

Sunday December 29, 2019
December Meeting
12 to 4 pm
Framingham Elks
450 Union Ave
Framingham, MA 01702