Best design for a fish trap

chadfish

BRS Member
Does anyone have a fish trap design that won’t catch only narcissus snails?

I’m trying to catch a chromis, two firefish, and a shrimpgoby (the clowns are so dim and friendly, I could pick them up with my hand) so I can get everyone into QT ASAP to treat for ich.

I tried an inverted water bottle, but it was very light, sat on the bottom and was full of . I tried using magnets, but the snails found it anyway. I tried a white yogurt container with a baggie over the top and suspended it from my cross-brace and the snails stayed away, but so did the fish.

I know patience patience patience, but I also don’t want a bunch of rotting mysis shrimp boosting my nitrate levels and the ich isn’t treating itself.

Club has this for use but it's currently in Kingston. If you want to go meet @mikenjo your welcome to use it.

If your having trouble catching them
Maybe try it when lights are out on tank and use a red light. I haven’t tried it but have read that they can’t see it. Maybe it will work. Other option is to empty water till you can grab them. Another creative idea would to put some large pvc tubes in tank and block ends when fish go into hide. You’ll get them:) keep us posted. Good luck.

I got a trap you can borrow. Icecap. Works like a dream. Text me if you still need it. Hooksett nh 6032620844

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back