Best phosphate media

For my system which is 230g roughly. 1 cup of granular ferric oxide(gfo) will bring down po4 about .06 in 24 hrs. That's running it actively in a reactor.

How fast is it going through? If the system has a high Po4 it can deplete the media quickly. Meaning if you've got 1/2 cup gfo Po4 could bind up fast and stop. So perhaps there would be a small drop initially then the media depletes but the cause for the high Po4 (overfeeding, high bioload, or whatever)is still producing phosphates.

I put the whole thing of phosban for 150 in my tank and my tank is 2 months old i restarted it and their is only 3 fish in it and the flow is just a little more then a trickle any higher and it will become dust

Yes it is its maybe its already done and i have to put new media in i think the phosphate is coming from rock since its new sand in their

Ok so i did a test i black my tank out 3 days to kill dino it did i turned my reactor off for a day and my phosphate level wemt from 0.02 to 0.16. So my rock must leaching out is their anything i can use to help im using phosban ive heard about lithium chloride

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back