BEST PLACE to buy a fish online ** Any recommendation? **

thespsguy

Non-member
I've seen all kinds of comments and suggestion out of this group since I'm new. First tank 55 and starting new 120 I would love to have suggestions where buy my fishes and corals safe since I just got 4 fishes and they all died
Please send links.
Thanks, everyone that took their time to help me
Paulo

Attachments

• _My_Aquarium.jpg
    _My_Aquarium.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 269
Most people use live aquaria since their stay alive guarantee is one of the best. You can also ask some lfs to order the fish you’d like

I’ve used live aquaria and the fish nook in Acton. Both have been great. No diseases or casualties.

I have heard that the fish nook quarantines their fish for 3 weeks before going up for sale. Not entirely sure if true as I have yet to visit the place.

I've bought from Live Aquaria, Divers Den, and "That Fish Place," with great success. Any issues I had were with UPS and not the shipper.

I ordered from Vivid Aquariums 2 times. Both orders were for a tiger pistol shrimp (and I added corals in to make it worth it). Neither shrimp lived for more than 2 days. The corals look great and were bigger than expected. I'm not sure if it was the shipper, or the fact it was a shrimp.

I have used live Aquaria and had good experiences. I had one mortality and they gave me a credit.

BUT if you order through live aquaria the aquacultured fish from ORA they can ship them directly from aquaculture facility (no outside parasites) to your house. Has anyone tried this? I would still QT my fish but it would alleviate the need for Tank Transfer and Prazi...? I am considering this when I re-stock my upstairs Reef. THOUHTS??

I have used live Aquaria and had good experiences. I had one mortality and they gave me a credit.

BUT if you order through live aquaria the aquacultured fish from ORA they can ship them directly from aquaculture facility (no outside parasites) to your house. Has anyone tried this? I would still QT my fish but it would alleviate the need for Tank Transfer and Prazi...? I am considering this when I re-stock my upstairs Reef. THOUHTS??

If you order ORA fish or coral, they will be shipped directly from Florida.
Aquacultured fish still have the same chance of getting sick as wild caught fish. Parasite and bacteria are always in the water, it is up to the fish’s immune system to fight them off. Stress is the primary cause of bacteria and parasite infection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liveaquaria is 5 stars if you buy from Diver’s Den or ORA, the California site is their wholesalers, Quality Marine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn’t Divers Den only a smaller selection within LiveAquaria? I just tried looking and a small selection of specific things

I ordered from LiveAquaria it arrived today, to be I was unhappy, the box was poorly insulated for all the fish, the water was cold, no polystyrene really, the heat pads were cold, not a bit warm. Two fish dead and I called them and they issue credit, I told them I just want the fish and they said that’s not their policy. Issue is now I’ve to pay overnight shipping to reship replacement fish, and submit photos. I don’t mind that they arrive dead on occasion but not fair to ask me to pay to resend them on overnight which isn’t cheap! Just bad customer service I think
Online I just learned they have bad reviews now

Isn’t Divers Den only a smaller selection within LiveAquaria? I just tried looking and a small selection of specific things

I ordered from LiveAquaria it arrived today, to be I was unhappy, the box was poorly insulated for all the fish, the water was cold, no polystyrene really, the heat pads were cold, not a bit warm. Two fish dead and I called them and they issue credit, I told them I just want the fish and they said that’s not their policy. Issue is now I’ve to pay overnight shipping to reship replacement fish, and submit photos. I don’t mind that they arrive dead on occasion but not fair to ask me to pay to resend them on overnight which isn’t cheap! Just bad customer service I think
Online I just learned they have bad reviews now

Yes, DD is Live Aquaria, but a different facility in WI. I feel it is superior.

How many fish did you order that you didn't hit the $99 free shipping, or do the 2 dead fish not add up to $99 for another shipment?

I hear you though, I just want a healthy fish I can enjoy, not a guarantee!

The shipping is like paying for a guarantee,most lfs won’t replace your fish at all.

Do we have to quarantine always?

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back