Best store (local or online) for reef salt?

luu78

BRS Member
Hi everyone,
Happy New Year everyone! I’ve been out of the hobby for about 3 years or so and now trying to get back into it. I always bought my salt from DrsF&S but just found out that they’re out of business. Where can I get Reef Crystals or Red Sea salt? Im also looking for a 36” -40” wide tank between 40-60 gal in great condition, let me know if you have one around you want to sell.

Thanks,
Ben

Chewy or Amazon is where I get Reef Crystals unless there is a deal somewhere. Chewy on auto ship (especially if you get other stuff there on auto ship) seems the cheapest on a regular basis.

Hi everyone,
Happy New Year everyone! I’ve been out of the hobby for about 3 years or so and now trying to get back into it. I always bought my salt from DrsF&S but just found out that they’re out of business. Where can I get Reef Crystals or Red Sea salt? Im also looking for a 36” -40” wide tank between 40-60 gal in great condition, let me know if you have one around you want to sell.

Thanks,
Ben

if you are looking for something specific for a tank make a (WTB) want to buy post.

Ocean state aquatics (OSA) is hands down (product and service) the BEST place to buy. They are worth the trip even if your a little farther away. I have literally never had any fish die or even get a disease from there. Corals are fantastic and the selection is unlike you’ll find anywhere on the East coast. They quarantine they’re product to perfection. They grow their own corals. There’s not enough good things to say about them. (I say they should charge admission just to enter the building and look around, that’s how awesome they are). They are located in Coventry RI but also recently opened a location in seekonk (unfortunately that one is freshwater only).
note: I do not work there, I get nothing out of advertising this business, I have just been purchasing from Scott since he started the business and there’s not enough good things to say.
Trust me, if you haven’t been there, the store is a must see for everyone in the hobby.

Ocean state aquatics (OSA) is hands down (product and service) the BEST place to buy. They are worth the trip even if your a little farther away. I have literally never had any fish die or even get a disease from there. Corals are fantastic and the selection is unlike you’ll find anywhere on the East coast. They quarantine they’re product to perfection. They grow their own corals. There’s not enough good things to say about them. (I say they should charge admission just to enter the building and look around, that’s how awesome they are). They are located in Coventry RI but also recently opened a location in seekonk (unfortunately that one is freshwater only).
note: I do not work there, I get nothing out of advertising this business, I have just been purchasing from Scott since he started the business and there’s not enough good things to say.
Trust me, if you haven’t been there, the store is a must see for everyone in the hobby.
I second this. OSA is great. The people there are very helpful. Great store

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back