Big news

Joker

Viking Corals
BRS Member
Bulkreef bought out marinedepot holy crap. Good job bulkreef they are the best in my opinion and I'm glad to see them making big strides to be even greater. Here's the link

Isn’t this (theoretically) worse for consumers? Less competition to drive prices down....

or will they use bigger purchasing power to cut deals with suppliers and pass the savings on to consumers? :unsure:
I’m sure that’s how they justified the merger. And with Petco and saltwaterfish.com they can justify that they are not a monopoly

Merging of companies usually can’t be good for consumers. In recent months, bulk reef supply has been quite expensive on their products. I’ve often compared their prices and others and usually end up getting elsewhere. With one less major competitor like Marine Depot, this can only mean higher prices for consumers or in this case, fellow reefers. I hope I’m wrong though. I guess we all have the right to buy or not to buy…

Very sad for the hobby, we lost better product selection and healthy competition. I've been mostly a marine depot customer because of the difference in selection.
They said they will be bringing alot of the same products marine depot had. They said they will bring in the most popular items they sold.

Marine Depot sent me a fathers day 20% off deal coupon. Went to buy stuff and of course it didnt apply to anything i had in the cart. Went over to BRS to buy all my gear out of spite for the con job coupon and got free t-shirt.

Turned me off marine depot but now it doesn't matter lol

They said they will be bringing alot of the same products marine depot had. They said they will bring in the most popular items they sold.
With almost 10k in marine depot invoices and more than once reaching out to brs ask them to carry them I call BS on that. Download your invoices by the 30th of next month for warranty purposes as they're wiping the site and servers...... Sounds like really backing the Marine Depot way to me. My eyes are wide open, yours should be too. Marine and reef and saltwater aquarium here I come

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back