BiGGie's Build

Little by slow, this tank upgrade will take place. Got the cabinet in place on the riser this afternoon.
IMG_20200817_162817.jpg

Need to adjust the doors and level this beast off. Once the tank makes it from the garage to the stand, plumbing should only take a day.

So @Chris A. graciously came over after work today to help my Dad move the tank onto its final resting place. I'll start plumbing in the the morning and hopefully it'll be wet this weekend.

Last edited:
Finished the damn plumbing on this tank last night. If you look closely you can see the hole behind the 1" 90 as I wanted a super clean look, but there was no way for me cement the connections if I continued the plumbing down the wall as there's only about 4-6"'s between the wall and the tank.

1st picture is the Cadlights metric bulkhead with the CoralVue metric to standard adaptor. Going to let it dry for another day and start moving some rock over to create the aquascape. Really debating whether this tank gets a 1-2" layer of sand or not and of course Premium Aquatics is out of both Mini and Mesoflake sand.

IMG_20200824_192301_01.jpg

IMG_20200824_212537.jpg

I hated the conversion adaptor. Not very flexible at all. I used it then cut it off and change it to a conversion coupled instead.
52A63FFF-1E60-4A96-8E74-0BEDED0B7031.jpeg

Damn, wish I saw these before I glued it all up. Maybe next time.

Yeah, Coralvue is out of stock. I had to search for them at a PVC supply house. I looked through my email for invoice on the place I got it from but haven’t found it. They are really great. One side is metric, the other is US standard.
I hated the fact that those adapter on BRS needs a metric pipe to even glue them to.

Yeah, Coralvue is out of stock. I had to search for them at a PVC supply house. I looked through my email for invoice on the place I got it from but haven’t found it. They are really great. One side is metric, the other is US standard.
I hated the fact that those adapter on BRS needs a metric pipe to even glue them to.
Yep, same here. I was stuck with the ones from BRS. Luckily, my buddy still had a few short pieces of the he metric plumbing.

Another small update, I'm starting to get excited to see this tank wet. Originally, ato container was this was for one tank only and looks really small under the 100. Tomorrow, I'll plumb the ro tubing to the di line so it will constantly fill the container.
IMG_20200826_182344.jpg

Mounted my Tunze controllers, ato and return pump. Planning on getting a American Dj rocker switch panel tomorrow and will plu some things in there. The 6095's will be controlled via the Profilux 4 but plugged into the switch for some redundancy if something happens to the controller. Wires will be tidied up and out of sight tomorrow as well.
IMG_20200826_182314.jpg

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back