BiGGie's Build

Are you concerned with humidity getting into these valuable electronics?
Is there a way to cut the back open a little and/or add in a fan?
There are a few cutouts currently. I did plan on running a couple good sized fans as well. Not too sure size wise, but was thinking something along the lines of pc component, maybe push/ pull like a gaming pc. What're your thoughts?

I have this AC Infinity controller with USB computer fans.

I wish I’d seen this before, could’ve saved some dollars.

I was just looking at those during a search. Seem pretty straight forward.

I was just looking at those during a search. Seem pretty straight forward.
The controller looks nice, but it ended up being a waste since I ended up putting a screen cover panel over the electronic cabinet instead of a solid door. The fans are setup to push / pull, but they never run.

Last edited:
Would you mind posting a picture. I actually kind of like the stand without doors, although it is a heck of a lot sleeker with them on. Even thought of using some smoked acrylic for asthetics as well.

Sent you a PM. The panel is a simple wood frame built like a picture frame with some window screen on the back.

And so it begins...
IMG_20200917_154814.jpg

Trying to work out some rock work. I have a vision in mind but damn it all, it's not coming out the way I anticipated. Anyways, this is the front left structure that will attach the the back left structure that is near center of overflow. Directly behind the glove will is where the overflow is. I have about 100 lbs, of established rock teeming with life in another tank, so I have to incorporate a few nice pieces from that as well.
I'm using some acrylic rods to help stabilize things while mortar dries. Gladly accept any pointers here and or criticism.
IMG_20200918_105319.jpg

I want to try and do the negative space aquascape that Bulk Reef Supply has started doing looks pretty cool...

:D:D:D
That's how I feel when I did mine.
I wouldn't fret over it. Rockworks only matter when you can't grow corals. So just make sure your corals grow.

So I gave up on the fancy schmancy rockwork and ended up with this so far.
IMG_20200921_184018.jpg

Probably going to just use the dry rock on the left as I have a bunch of established live rock for the rest of the tank. But now I have a leaking metric uPVC drain bulkhead. The joys of this hobby are great sometimes. Glad I only filled the overflow a little bit and not the tank.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back