Biocube 32

Jakepop1

Non-member
I’ve decided to take the hood off my tank what light would be better for growing Lps and sps 1 AI prime hd or 1 kessil a160?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had to choose between the two recently and I went with the prime. More/better controllability and also looks better above your tank. Plus the WiFi on the HD is awesome.

I also happen to have an extra prime HD if you’re interested.

Regardless if you buy mine or not, I’d go with prime.

I have the hydra 26 hd in my 32 and love it. They sell a 4’ arm that you can attach it to the tank stand instead of the tank that made it super simple. The regular kit to clamp it on the top was a pain and took up too much space for my taste.

I have a r420r nano that came off my bio cube 29 it looked great and grew anything. I'm 140 firm on it if interested. It's for sale in the market place. 8 mo old

If I have to choose between AI prime and Kessil, I will take the Prime any day over a Kessil. The kessil spot light will not cover the tank with enough spread, and it will give you harsh shadows for branching coral.

Also, Kessil 160 cost more than a Prime but without wireless connectivity. You need to spend another $100 controller and attach it to the light by wire.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back