Sold BLACK TANG (Hawaiian), 4in. Happy/Healthy/Super Rare Nowadays

jdemarco

Non-member
BLACK TANG FOR SALE
(ZEBRASOMA ROSTRATUM )
*THIS IS TRUE HAWAIIAN BLACK LONG NOSE TANG (NOT A SCOPAS HYBRID)

I have had him since 2015, was acquired directly from Hawaii. Got him at 1.5/2 inches. He is kept with 3 other tangs currently (yellow, blue hippo, tomini) as well as other fish (incl. fairy wrasses, leopard wrasse, and borbonius anthias and other peaceful fish in 110 gal)

He eats everything offered including Nori and Pellets and all types of Frozen.
He is happy and healthy and has been with me for 5yrs, and again he resides with other tangs.

Offering for sale, this very rare and pretty hard to find fish.
*NOT LOOKING FOR TRADES, SO PLS DONT ASK*

Based on L.A. specs, he is considered sized (Med)
Price is firm at $1,300.
I can take paypal/venmo/cash

ATTENTION: Pls Read below before asking, ty
*Located just north of Boston. Woburn/Reading area.
*Serious inquiries only
*With deposit, you can certainly come check him out in person prior to purchasing

*NOT LOOKING TO TRADE, NOT LOOKING TO SHIP AT THIS TIME
I reserve the right to make sure he is going to a suitable system.

Last edited:
Screenshot_20200125-064526_Gallery.jpg

20200124_170826.jpg

Screenshot_20200123-185009_Gallery.jpg

I do have interested parties out of state (which entails shipping obviously.) Last call for any local interest in this one of a kind fish that is virtually unable to be replicated. ***Would sell locally at $100 discount to above advertised price**** LMK ASAP IF INTERESTED.

Last call and new price/ final price
*FOR LOCAL PICKUP ONLY....
(Fish is caught& eating in refugium for easy access)

$1,095 firm

See below price table from L.A.
My price is below L.A. pricing for a healthy, tank acclimated local fish eating &acclimated to tank life
(not available on L.A. & u aren't having to gamble on shipping and health)

20200913_155848.jpg

I think not many people can drop that kinda money on a fish.
Thanks for your "feedback" You would be surprised what SOME people spend on unique fish (and coral for that matter), nationwide and yes, even locally.
(I have 2 potential buyers out of state but I am just trying to sell him locally rather than ship him, so I am not desperate or questioning the response, I am just re-offering him locally at my lowest price before pursuing the shipping) As for the fish, I certainly agree its not for "everyone", that I know , but it's the type of addition to a reef which could mean "everything" to that certain interested "someone". As they say..... its all "relative"....like everything else in life ......happy reefing jazzsam.

How is this kind of post helping this guys for sale thread? Beautiful fish and GLWS.
Thanks!. But no harm/offense taken.... but sure if we can keep it to relevant /genuine interest in purchasing the item listed for sale, that would be great LOL. FWIW I specifically included the Live Aquaria pricing on this fish for reference, as Live Aquaria is arguably the standard for CURRENT fish pricing & availability and therefore the asking price is derived directly from L.A. pricing which fully reflects the current market$$ for the species and the availability of the fish (or lack thereof).
(As this item has been unavailable through them for a bit now)

Reducing the price 1 last time after finding out the huge jump in shipping costs now due to the times we are in. [Less flights + more cargo = skyrocketing ship cost]

New Price is now $300 below Live Aquaria pricing. *Local pickup and willing to drive up to 1hr to meet if u are coming from a distance*

FINAL Price is now $975.
(Last price drop Local Sale)

Just a quick Deal sweetener in case there's interest
THROWING IN FREE YELLOW TANG !!!!!!

(YELLOW TANG IS SAME SIZE RANGE , AND HAS BEEN CO-EXISTING WITH HIM FOR LAST 3YRS)

SO BOTH FISH, (LOCAL SALE only) FOR $975....

[VS LIVE AQUARIA LISTED PRICE FOR JUST THE BLACK OF $1200-1300l]

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back