Blackworms

Bagdis831

Non-member
Has anyone had any luck ordering blackworms lately. I tried late in January and got an email saying that they were temporarily unable to ship due to low supplies.

I was just wondering if anyone has had luck order recently. I am looking to get at least 1/2 a pound for myself.

I put in an order at Aquaticfoods back in early December for 1lb. Got an email saying that they can only ship 1/2lb. I said okay, ship me whatever much you can. The order arrived the next day and it was 1lb.
It was a lot and I couldn't use them as fast as needed so I froze them. Still have some left.

Some local shops carry them also if you are having trouble ordering. Just another option if your in a bind.

I tried reaching out to Aquadicfoods again today, I will let everyone know if they come back with a limited quantities again.

I can get by with frozen Brine and Mysis for now.

I just got a response from Aquadic Foods, they are currently only shipping 1/4lbs quantities. I will let everyone know when I hear differently.

Fish Nook in Acton doesn't stock them but can get them for you if you don't mind waiting a week.

I get the cubes for my Discus. For the marine fish I cut the cube, in my hand, like breaking it in small pieces. Then I place it in a plastic small glass with tank water. Let it there for a few minutes so they hydrate. And through it to tank. Fish goes crazy.

Good news for anyone who was still interested! They are now shipping larger quantities of black worms. I was able to get 1 lb today. If you have been waiting to order I think that their population has recovered from the winter.

I use white worms and they grow like crazy in my basement. Never ending supply and there small enough for my small copperband and other smallish fish. No changing water for black worms for me. I tried and was too much work

I keep them in the fridge in a Tupperware with a vented lid. Every three or 4 days I add a bit of cold spring water or rodi to it, swish around, and drain most out. They last for weeks.

Everyone threshold is different. Someday, I would spend half a Saturday doing water change, clean the glass, skimmer, change out carbond, gfo, wife down equipment, etc... And I feel like it's not a lot of work. Someday, I don't even want to pick up the fallen coral.

These blackworms do need some attention. The least amount of work I do for them is change the water using tap after a week. The most amount of work I did was change out the water with RODI after 2 days.

Anyone know a local place to get these right now? Tropical Isle, Underwater World, and Jay's are all out.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back