Blue velvet nudibranch

mrcote1

Non-member
After extensive research on getting rid of flatworms (the harmless kind) I've decided to not go with chemicals since it isn't necessary. I plan on getting a blue star leopard wrasse when I find one but in the mean time I have read the blue velvet nudibranch only eat flatworms. Saltwaterfish.com is selling them for $10 each too. Anyone have any experience with these in a high flow sps tank? It sounds like flow isn't too good for them.

Unless you have a crazy infestation I advise against the nudi. They are neat and get the job done. But once there are no more flatworms its screwed.
I was gonna say get a sixline but I see you have a wrasse in your plans

The only thing is I'm concerned about it getting sucked into a powerhead and I'd imagine it is very toxic. So if I can figure out a workaround for that then I'll probably get one unless someone has a horror story.

Try a melanurus wrasse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well coming from someone with a yellow coris, melenarus, lubbocks, ruby head, solon fairy, and flasher wrasse. I'm not to confident in the "wrasse taking care of flatworm problem". I lost about 20 sticks due to flatworms and frustration a few months back. Maybe others have had better luck

I had bought a melanarus but lost it in QT from what I think was tumors and horrible bacteria infections that it came with. Trying to get the blue velvet this week from a LFS if I can find one. I'll update with results. Fingers crossed it doesn't die in my system and nuke my tank if I find one

No wrasse will eat acro eating flatworm. But it works great for regular flatworms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yea I just have an invasion of the Acoel flatworms. Harmless but covering my glass and unsightly. And also eating all my pods

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back