????boston area tank tour???

boston tank tour.

come on i know there are people in boston with reef tanks dying to see others tanks.

boston

i know theree are metrowest and south shore and nh tours i was thinking 10-15 mile range to make it easier.

boston tank tour

im glad a few people in the boston area are interested. now to set up the details.
when
route
etc.

Let's do it!!

After discussing with Lori, I decided to resurrect this thread. I'm still pretty new as an active BRSer and would love to help put this thing together so I can meet more great people with great tanks! (I think every tank is great so long as you're not destroying anything with malice:D)

To start, I would hope that no one would care if your particular tank is 2 gals. or 200; in a dorm or in a mansion; running for 10yrs or not even set up yet. The whole point is to meet the diverse people involved/seeking to get involved in the hobby and their equally diverse and myriad types of tanks.

Also, I'm afraid I cannot answer to anyone who is afraid they aren't in the "area" because I don't know much about the area and will be relying on others for transportation myself. I would say that for a one-day event, we might want to keep it to the city of Boston and immediate-surrounding areas (or as I like to call them, "T" accessible;))

So, disregarding whatever has already been posted on this thread (for age reasons), pm me if you are seriously interested in being a part of the Summer 2008 Boston Area Tank Tour!! (For convenience, I'd rather not rely on posts)

Just so that we can have this thing organized (for real this time), when you pm me, please leave the following information: Real name; phone number; address (general location if you prefer, but we're all goin' to have to come by, so put up your :w); the summer weekend you would prefer the event to take place during (include Sat./Sun. designation); and if you like, a very short and basic description of your primary display.

When I get enough info in, I will compile/organize everything, determine the best route, the best date, make/email itineraries, and get back to everyone. This should take a couple weeks at the least, but I think the outcome will be worth it!

Sorry for the probably unnecessarily long post--I'm long winded. I genuinely hope that people will participate regardless of what they have to offer. When I first "signed on" to this, I had a 5.5 gal. with a cyno problem--and was proud of it:) If there are too many people, we'll just add a day (which I would like to do anyway and maybe go to the NE Aquarium)

I look forward to receiving your enthusiastic pms! Forgot to mention. I think we should carpool. So, if you are interested in driving, or think you should because you have a big vehicle, let me know about that as well and I'm sure everyone will be happy to chip in a few $$ for gas.

Thanks for looking,

Jordan

Why not post a list of people interested in looking at tanks and tank that are open to look at on the tour and then we can add to it as we go along

Well I am in. Let's do this thing.
I will PM my info.
I am not that far from Ray, just over the peabody/salem border in salem MA.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back