Broken Bulbs

mvallee

Non-member
So annoyed, just received my 5 Bulbs from marine Depot, you would think they would know better 4' bulbs in a 6' Tube Wrapped loosely in bubble wrap. All 5 of them are Broken.
My last bulbs were in an appropriate sized tube with a specialized rubber on each end that the bulbs fit into and no way they were moving around. Now I have to go through the aggravation of calling them on Monday, see if they want the broken bulbs back wait for credit blah blah blah.

This costs them in replacement costs and shipping and me in aggravation and an overall bad feeling about a pretty reputable company.

Rant over :mad::mad:

Same thing happened to me from MD. 5 out of 8 came in broken. That was the last time I ordered from them. I've been getting them from BRS and their packing is absolutely top notch. Haven't had a single broken bulb whatsoever.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Just ordered t5 from aquacave. They were packed great too. Sorry for the waste and headache, thanks for sharing the experience

Too bad :(
You'd think they could figure out how to ship common delicate items properly. The profit margin can't be high enough to cover 2x the product and shipping from a shoddy job.

I can second Brs excellent bulb packing, never ordered t5 bulbs from md but have been happy with everything else I’ve gotten from them.

So annoyed, just received my 5 Bulbs from marine Depot, you would think they would know better 4' bulbs in a 6' Tube Wrapped loosely in bubble wrap. All 5 of them are Broken.
My last bulbs were in an appropriate sized tube with a specialized rubber on each end that the bulbs fit into and no way they were moving around. Now I have to go through the aggravation of calling them on Monday, see if they want the broken bulbs back wait for credit blah blah blah.

This costs them in replacement costs and shipping and me in aggravation and an overall bad feeling about a pretty reputable company.

Rant over :mad::mad:

We are very sorry for the condition your bulbs arrived in! Please give us a call today at 714-385-0080 so we can replace them for you. We can also be reached by email at [email protected]. Once again I apologize for the broken bulbs and look forward to getting you new ones ASAP.

Best wishes,

Jeff @ Marine Depot
[email protected]

We are very sorry for the condition your bulbs arrived in! Please give us a call today at 714-385-0080 so we can replace them for you. We can also be reached by email at [email protected]. Once again I apologize for the broken bulbs and look forward to getting you new ones ASAP.

Best wishes,

Jeff @ Marine Depot
[email protected]

I did call and they are processing the replacements already. Pictures were requested of the packaging but that is not delaying the processing of the replacements, so far I am pleased with the response.
Thanks
Mike

I did call and they are processing the replacements already. Pictures were requested of the packaging but that is not delaying the processing of the replacements, so far I am pleased with the response.
Thanks
Mike

Hi Mike,

Excellent news! Also, forgive my intrusion on your conversation here as well. I just happened to get a brand alert with this thread and I wanted to make sure that we made this right for you! My personal email address is [email protected] if you want to keep it handy in the future if you ever need anything.

Sincerely,

Jeff @ Marine Depot

I always have good experience with MarineDepot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marine Depot is a great place to buy stuffs for our fish tanks. However, I just don't understand why they don't place those T5 bulbs in the hard tubes for shipping. BRS and DrFosterAndsmith do it and I never have a broken bulb. Few years ago, I ordered 16 T5 bulbs and all of them were broken. They were very quick to replace it but when the replacement came, 2 of them were broken. I gave up and didn't even ask them for a replacement. For all the money to replace those broken bulbs, why not use that money and package them better the first time?

I do have to say wow... they found this thread, created an account here, and addressed the problem. As far as customer service that is above and beyond other major stores. Kudos Marine Depot!

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back