Free BRS 4 Stage Value PLUS RO/DI System

Veneer

Non-member
This is a complete 4 stage RO/DI system bought March 2014 and pretty lightly used from then until July 2015, intermittently for another year, and not at all from June 2016 until now except to check that things were working a few months ago – and again just today with fresh filter media.

My latest move brought me to an apartment where plumbing and available space aren't convenient for continued use, and I am out of reefing (though still in planted aquariums and vivaria), so I've gone instead with a (much lower-output) distiller.

I am offering this for free because upon checking just now, I see that the TDS meter is giving odd readings ("ERR" on output and suspiciously low TDS readings for input), which you maybe will be able to resolve just by cleaning and reseating the probes, and the pressure gauge is not working, which I hear is a known problem with the air as opposed to glycerine-filled versions. Actual water flow through the filter media and out the output and waste lines seems normal.

I am offering this as is with these disclosures – check the output water with your own instruments. If nothing else, you'll get a free bag of DI resin, a new adjustable float valve, and some barely used replacement filter media.

In Allston near Cambridge. If this is not picked up by this weekend I'll have to throw it out.

XDWYFuW.jpg

Used:
- Bulk Reef Supply 4 Stage Value PLUS Reverse Osmosis/Deionization System - 75 GPD - $193.49 currently [$169.99 I assume with slightly different components at time of purchase]
- Bucket drilled for RO Float Valve, Regular (just checked and the float valve in place is missing its final external inlet piece, so you will want to swap it with the unused float valve below) - $11.99 new
- BRS 4 Stage Value Replacement Filter Kit (Stage One - Purtrex 1 Micron Sediment Filter; Stage Two - BRS Universal 1 Micron Carbon Block; Last Stage - DI Resin) - $29.99 new [barely used – just put in for testing today]
- Filter canister wrench

Unused:
- One Cartridge Refill (1.25 lbs.) DI Resin - Color Changing - $12.99 new
- Reverse Osmosis *Adjustable* Float Valve - $15.99 new

Last edited:
I’ll take it if still available. I could pick up around 7:00 tonight if that would work for you?

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back