BRS Echotech Radion Owners Thread

Alex

Non-member
Seems like we have a descent amount of owners of these fixtures in the club and I figured we should have a thread were we could discuss things like mounting, custom schedules and charts, synching and upcoming updates. Also would be cool to compare or track growth maybe take some pics.

What I don’t want it to turn into is a big argument about whether LEDs work for growing sps or even whether Radions are better or worse than other fixtures. Let’s keep it all Radion and leave the debates to other threads.

Mine are coming in the mail today so so far not much to share.

jumping in. I started with one radion over a 48 inch tank in the fall. I built my own hanging solution from electrical conduit and steal cable. I just added my second and so far I am pretty happy.

Love to see some pics.

Mine finally got delivered. Can't wait to get home to play with them.

Been loving mine I downloaded a new graph off the ecotech fb page but havent had a chance to give it a whirl..... Ill see if I can find the link I downloaded it a while back

Subscribed. Just got 3 fixtures for my 180g last week. I'm loving them and customization possibilities and no heat make me a very happy user. My canopy is short and open top so I mounted them on 2x aluminum bars on top but since my canopy is short, the fixtures are sitting only 4" above the water level so I'm not getting enough spread throughout the tank. I will have to mount it at least 8" to 12" above water level. I don't like to hang the fixture which means I will have to either build or buy a new canopy. Anybody knows a good place to look for one?

Last edited:
Subscribed. Just got 3 fixtures for my 180g last week. I'm loving them and customization possibilities and no heat make me a very happy user. My canopy is short and open top so I mounted them on 2x aluminum bars on top but since my canopy is short, the fixtures are sitting only 4" above the water level so I'm getting enough spread throughout the tank. I will have to mount it at least 8" to 12" above water level. I don't like to hang the fixture which means I will have to either build or buy a new canopy. Anybody knows a good place to look for one?

That's like 2 months of rent for me lol

I'll bite. I just re-did my program. I got sick of the green color in natural mode. Here's is what I got programmed. It looks stunning!

Enclosed a screen shot and zip file with ETP file.

Another thing that bugs me is that my red acans look orange rust colored under LEDS. Everything else looks great so probably not a big gripe.

Attachments

• bobbofin.zip
    18.7 KB · Views: 244
  • eco pic.jpg
    eco pic.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 784
Last edited:
Do you guys set up moonlight at all or the tank is completely dark at night?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I read the next software update is going to smooth out some of the issues people have had with low intensity settings.

So is there a way to see the program the lights are running? Every time I open the software it reverts to the default. Did I not program them right? Hope my corals don't fry while I'm at work.

Yes hit the play button. If you have 2 you must make a group and highlight the group name and click the button that says inherit group schedule and then click program group

So if I didn't hit the inherit group button before I hit program group does that mean it didn't take the changes I made to the graph?

love mine, i had two over my 125 just got the third. Still looking for a better solution for a hanging kit. Thinking i might make a small woooden frame to match the crown molding i have on the tank now.

love mine, i had two over my 125 just got the third. Still looking for a better solution for a hanging kit. Thinking i might make a small woooden frame to match the crown molding i have on the tank now.

I got some precut pieces of L bar from Lowes and some M5 (metric) nets, bolts and washers. The holes on the L bar lined up nicely so I just attached the bolts using the nuts and washers then screwed them into the units. Came out really solid. Then I just screwed those into a piece of wood in my canopy. Not the prettiest but it is all inside my old canopy for now so no biggie. I'll have to come up with something different down the line but it will work for now.

Back