BRS Leaders

Status
Not open for further replies.

SherryQ

loves pufferfish
I was wondering who was currently on the BRS Board of Directors? Who takes the VP spot now that Joe is our new prez?

Thanks.

BOD members:

At large members:

Greg Hiller
Mike Accardi
Mike Walsh

VP is elected at next meeting, as is treasurer. Get your speech ready Sherry!

Very funny, Greg. :)
If I had a position, I don't know where I would find the time to take care of all my aquariums.
I really respect all you guys who put your time into making this club happen. It is appreciated.

I was wondering what LittleP ment.

On a serious note: I have been out of the reefing loop lately, and this is the first I have heard of Moe stepping down. Moe - You are the Alexander the Great of Aquarium Society presidents. Big ideas for the club and made them all happen. Thanks for all your hard work. Joes pretty OK too :p

Well it seems to me that technically there is no Board of Directors since the Officers never nominated anyone this year as is required in the bylaws. Not that those guys haven't done a good job but technically speaking . . . .

I guess I shouldn't have stood up when Ron thanked the bod at the keynote
Saturday night, since according to you, technically I'm not on the board of the
Boston Reefers Society. Someone please edit the website, and remove my name.

Thanks for pointing that out Rob. I would've never known, except it was brought up
once before last week, when the BOD tried to step in and state that banning anyone
from the conference would not be in the best interests of the BRS and the BOD would
not support the decision - but it occurred anyway.

We tried to avoid the conflict that caused the black eye during the past
weekend, and we were given the old end-round (by someone that apparently
spent a little time studying the by-laws and making the determination that
there was no valid BRS BOD).

Last edited:
Yes, technically, & technically according to Bill Clinton he didn't have sexual relationships with Monica L. I really hate freekin lawyer statements sometimes

I guess the by-laws need to be revised to state that the BOD will stay in office until otherwise stated.

Mike you & the BOD lead, I'll follow. I think if the BOD had been allowed to handle the PR instead of Ron we would of been a lot better off

Actually, if you read the bylaws carefully (and I have) it is not 100% clear that the at-large directors are to be elected (Rob I suggest you read over some statements I made in the BOD only forum). Check out section 2, paragraph 1 of the bylaws. I do however agree that going forward all directors will be elected. For anyone running, I plan to have some pretty tough questions about where you stand, or stood on various issues, so be prepared.

Keep in mind also folks reading this that the BOD is composed of both the at-large members, AND the elected folks, President, V-P, V-P public relations, treasurer, and secretary. I hope we are not challenging their election also, sheesh!

Oh, and you can remove me from the BOD list then too. I'll run at the next meeting. Read my lips, "no more red mites!"

The office of BRS secretary is also now vacant and should be filled at the next election. RobboT resigned.
Please, no sniping.

I didnt mean that to be an attack on anyone. The BOD that has acted on business matters up to this point has done a great job IMO, more than a valiant effort given the circumstances. Yeah we've had our differences, accusations have flown etc etc etc but in the end we pulled it off. Everyone involved should be commended.

I simply wanted to draw peoples attention to the fact that there are bylaws, they havent exactly been followed. When the club was small it didnt matter, at the clubs current size things need to go more by the book IMO.

My read for the benifit of Scuba Dave who has become a Ron hater ( i never did anything to you except give you frags that you never receipracated) is that in order to seat a new BOD a nomination committee needs to be formed berfore appointments and or elections take place. The by laws state that BOD terms expire at the time of elections. last election the BOD expired and no nomination committee was ever conveined and BOD was not elected, appointed or ratified ...technically leaving the BRS with no BOD.

I'd have to back through the previous board meeting minutes as well as the
recap of the last election to verify - but I believe that the last election included
a provision to keep the current BRS leadership intact to maintain a sense of
continuity throughout the MACNA 16 preparation and execution. At least that
was my recollection.

Mike Accardi said:
recap of the last election to verify - but I believe that the last election included
was my recollection.

I was at this meeting and I do remember this to be true.

Mike Accardi said:
was my recollection.

mine too

RobboT said:
Well it seems to me that technically there is no Board of Directors since the Officers never nominated anyone this year as is required in the bylaws. Not that those guys haven't done a good job but technically speaking . . . .

Didn't they self appoint themselves? or was i voting for nothing?

Before this turns into a 'Ron hater' vrs 'Ron nonhater' thread. I'd like to call attention to the fact that it's the responsibility of the BOD to act in the best interest of the club! regardless of personal feelings. When things start to become a PR train wreck no matter what the intentions and no matter what the personal relationships. I feel that it becomes time for the BOD to act.
As far as the duly elected issue goes, c-mon guys. Pretty transparent attempt to justify running rouge.

Please don't take any of this wrong I just had to add a few "IMHO"s Despite all the mess that's going on right now
I think the show was wildly successful (thanks Ron and Rob)and I personally did not see anyone complaining other than wamass guys and lets face it they had a motive to stir up trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back