BRS Leaders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe as acting prez where is the nomination committee??? This should have been assembled already.

Did you drop the ball on this as well?

I will wait for your response before I jump to conclusions.

This is really sad to see.
Rob I know you feel slighted unappreciated a lot people do.
But this is out of character for the class man I thought you were.
This thread is an embarrassment for every BRS member.
I hope and Pray it's locked and removed! :mad:
ASAP
Or even better maybe some people would show some class and go back and edit their own posts.
Can't you see the eyes of the reefing community are on us right now.
You really want to self destruct in front of them ?
I Don't !!!!!!!

Edit:
I gues just in the time I typed that I can add my friend Marvin
Get some Class Guys. If your sincere about your love of the club keep this private and quit sniping!

Last edited:
JeremyR said:
My apologies to the BOD. I didn't know you had an end run on you. Thank you for trying to act.
Jeremy
Coming from one who was preasent through it all there was no end around.

Wait strike that. There was an end around but it came from the Officers and not from anyone from the MACNA committee.

I'm definatly with Marc on this one. Let's not throw all the laundry on the lawn. Stress levels are obviosly high. Take a break for a couple days, weeks. We have a meeting coming up things can be worked out (or not) in a private setting.

Marvin, it's much more fun when we talk about thongs:)

12,000 hits........ those are not coming from the BRS members. Loose the egos and do the right thing for the club.
Please Please someone clean up this mess!

I've said my piece. Next time it will be at the meeting.

The most important thing I have said today is where is the Nomination Committee?

marco67 said:
12,000 hits........ those are not coming from the BRS members. Loose the egos and do the right thing for the club.
Please Please someone clean up this mess!
marc is right this thread should go away.....

if anyone needs to take shots at each other DO IT SOMEWHERE ELSE...pm,e-mail,phone,etc,etc.....

i know i joined this club to learn and find people who share a common interest not for this crap....

just my.02

I second Marc and Jango's responses. I came to this club because I am passionate about the hobby. I wanted to find great people that I could learn from, and have fun with. This is not fun. You should stop this bickering and move on - otherwise there won't be a club because people like me don't want to deal with this kind of crap. Let's get back to fishies and coral propogation - that's the fun stuff.

As always Marvin beat me to the followup to my own post. You suck man!! At least you do it well :)

I actually have quite a bit to say on this issue because as paying members of the BRS you have a right to know the truth about the integrity of its officers and bod. You have the right to know at least some of the details of what happened. Im willig to share all the details but I do have a real 9-5 to do.

Mostly you have the right to know that these guys are your best choice for running a reef club that meets at Kelly's Roast Beef . . . and your worst to run a registered non-profit organization with financial and legal obligations to each of its members. Example: Does anyone realize that $15 x 300 = $4,500 per year? Why are we still meeting in free space that is too small for us?

When Moe resigned I wrote a short but heartfelt message about how it was a sad day because Moe was the reason I came to my first meeting and his excitement and kindness the reason I came to more meetings. I said this despite all of the difficulties that happened along the way because he truly is what brought this club to it current level. I still mean that. I still have some respect for the guy despite his support of a vendor who has nothing but bad things to say about this organization.

The reason for my bitterness is that I called these guys my friends. Despite alot of arguments along the MACNA road, they capitulated repeatedly, sticking to the party line and letting some unpopular decisions stand. They stood in Ron's living room and told Ron Marvin and I that they would continue to support us at a time when Ron was ready to hang up his hat. They let Ron, Emily and I (sorry Marvin) do 90% of the work because they were not willing to make the same committment as we (many of them admitted this quite frankly). Apparently though they were just stroking us along to get what they needed because when the chips were down they let Ron take all heat. When I got lumped in with Ron for defending him they let me go down with him. And when a certain vendor started asking for an apology from the BOD they threw Ron (and I feel me) right under the bus by telling said vendor that Ron had done all this on his own. Are these the guys you want running your organization? Guys who dont realize that regardless of what Ron did, he was just a Committee Chairperson and they are officers? Guys who don't stick by their decisions? Guys who don't stand up for thier friends? Guys who aren't men of their word?

If people want the truth I'm more than happy to supply the details as to my side of the story about Anthony and Dennis. Funny though that in my opinion Anthony and Dennis arent even the really juicy stories, they're just the tip of the iceberg. I will not do so however behind the scenes on the phone, I will not do so in private emails. If the truth is coming out it comes out in public so everyone hears the same story. I am willing to come to one last meeting to hash it out. I'd rather not type it all and commit it to the internet but will if thats the way you all want it. I have nothing to hide, I am confident in everything we did, every unpopular action that was taken.

Yes Im bitter. Bitter because Moe made me excited about this organization. I was having fun, even up until Sunday. I was looking forward to staying an officer and helping this organization buckle down and do the things it needs to do to succeed. But the more I thought about it I thought why bother, nobody really appreciates it. Sure plenty of folks told me the show was great but I didnt get a single thanks from anyone on the bod except Mike Accardi. And then I was thrown under the bus, I suspect by Mike A actually based on Jeremy's post at RC. A years worth of hard work done solely for personal satisfaction (well not entirely true I did get an RO unit, a mug and an irregular tshirt) and done at no insignificant personal monetary expediture. A years worth of battles with friends and turning some friends into enemies for the good of the organization. All to find out that none of them were there to come to my aid when I needed it. Yeah, Im bitter.

This is not a reef club anymore . . . this is a 500 member non-profit educational organization incorporated in the State of Massachusetts. There are responsibilities that come along with that. And you need committed people to run this organization, not guys who's favorite comment is that they wish we could go back to the days of trading frags at Kelly's.

There is nobody with more passion for this hobby and this organization than me. If I had none I would've simply resigned and walked away.

Amen
For the good of the club it can not remain private.

Yes Ron and Emily and Rob did ALL the work. They deserve HUGE accolades for what they accomplished alone.

RobboT said:
I actually have quite a bit to say on this issue because as paying members of the BRS you have a right to know the truth about the integrity of its officers and bod. You have the right to know at least some of the details of what happened.

Rob i would very much like to know, but this is not the time or place....

i will stop adding to this thread now because i still agree with my first post...

RobboT said:
Marc and Jango - if this stuff isnt resolved there will be no BRS as it currently exists.
alright i lied, i know,im not trying to stop anything from being resolved and i agree that it needs to be i just dont think this is the place,i think at a club meeting would be better ,ask any one who cares show up at the next meeting to find out what the F is going on and what we as a club can do about it....

also Rob and everyone else involved with macna thank you very much for your time and effort....

Tstone said:
For the good of the club it can not remain private.
Yes "The Nameless One"* and Emily and Rob did ALL the work. They deserve HUGE accolades for what they accomplished alone.

I agree that this should not remain private.
I agree they did a LOT of work
I don't agree they did ALL the WORK
I don't agree they deserve ANY accolade
What they accomplished was the banning of Anthony Calfo & the disgrace of the BRS in the eyes of the Reefing Community
Absolute Power corrrupts absolutely, add that to a bloated ego...
We should have known how "The Nameless One" would treat the reefing community after he made our own members feel like peons for asking about the free passes to MACNA

*How HE shall forwith be called
**Post saved to my PC for posting on Reef Central should it be edited

Marvin may have said all but I said 90%. :) If not for Paula, LittleP, Doug, Paul, Mrs. Paul :), Dennis, Sherry and some others that I apologize for forgetting we couldnt have pulled it off. They really came through for us in the pinch.

Yes Rob is correct i forgot the rest of the hard working folks that came to help. You guys are awesome!

Dave your opinion is based on hearsay.

I know the facts intimately. I have over 100 emails from Anthony Calfo from as far back as a year ago trying to change what we were doing. We did not acquiesce to him and he created this whole thing. Him and him alone. Not Ron. You would have done the same thing as Ron under the same circumstances.

Anthony Calfo is a weasel.

You should reserve judgment until you have the facts.
You can listen to the mob mentality or you can get the facts.

Your choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back