BRS May meeting details

Moe

Non-member
Hi all,

The May 2004 meeting will be at the Sheraton Fourpoints Hotel on Saturday 22May2004 at 11:30 am. The Sheraton Fourpoints is on Totten Pond Rd. in Waltham, MA. I'll post the address and a link to a map below.

Joe Burger from Long Island, NY will be the guest speaker. Joe performed a whole slew of tests on 250 watt MH bulbs & ballasts. Joe will present his findings to us, and host a discussion. See Joe's website - it rocks: www.cnidarianreef.com

We'll probably have either a raffle or an auction. Depends on how much loot we have. I do have the donations from Inland Reef...

Of course at the end of the meeting we'll have a frag swap.

Thanks,
Moe

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright! I think i can make it to this one. I'll show up around noon time.
Prom is friday night may 21........

I have a wedding to attend at 1 PM, here in town. I need excuses not to go! Help! Please send me reasonable excuses to bail out of a wedding!

I hope I can make it too. I've been dying to talk to JBNY in person. Maybe he could bring up a few frags for the auction?

Joe emailed me, and he is making arrangements with his fellow Long Island reefers to bring a bunch of frags up for trade. :)

Where do I sign up for the frags?
Cunning-Plan.gif

Hey All,

I looking forward to coming up to talk for you guys!

Moe_K said:
Joe emailed me, and he is making arrangements with his fellow Long Island reefers to bring a bunch of frags up for trade. :)

Moe, I think my email was confusing when I said that I working on some trades and would try to bring frags. So far I've been working on some trading with a few of the BAS members who have contacted me in the past. I haven't worked out anything for bringing frags up from anyone on Long Island though. Also,so far no one has contacted me to come up with me to the meeting (The BAS meeting falls on the same day as the LIRA meeting).

Right now, I'm not sure how I'm going to bring the frags and hold them until the meeting. I'm planning on being in the area Friday afternoon so I can make the meeting, as it's too early to just leave Saturday morning and get there before 10 AM (I'd have to leave at 5 or 6 AM). I only have acros and some montipora to bring. All my trades/sales have always been in less than 24 hours time (overnight shipping). So I'm not really sure if they'll make it if I keep them in a cooler for more than 24 hours.

Hmmm. Where are ya gonna be on Friday, Joe?
We might be able to have one of our local folks hold anything you need.

It'd be great to be abe to arange a Long Island / Boston / Connecticut frag swap.
Logistics might not work out this time, but...

For MACNA XVI, logitics will certainly work out.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back