BRS May meeting details

JB,

If you are leaving your house on Thursday I'd recommend NOT bagging the frags individually. You can bring the frags floating on styro squares in some salt buckets. If you have a small battery powered air bubbler you could use that to provide some water motion (better with large bubbles, open ended tube). Or if you have a power converter (DC to AC) you could run a very small powerhead in the buckets. Lack of water motion (IMO) is really what does frag in in shipping. You could then bring the buckets to a reefers house (I'll be happy to voulenteer) and do a water change from an established system and then leave them overnight. Next morning they could be bagged, or they could be bagged at the meeting. The other option is for folks expecting frags to just show up at some location and pick up the frags that night.

Looks like we're going to move the location of the meeting to the Sheraton Fourpoints in Waltham, again.
That's the same place we had the Steve Tyree meeting, and the same place we had the Randy Holmes Farley meeting.
We're firming things up regarding time, pizza, and the cash bar now.
When everything is set I'll update this thread. Just wanted to warn everyone that the location is changing.

Moe_K said:
Hmmm. Where are ya gonna be on Friday, Joe?
We might be able to have one of our local folks hold anything you need.

It'd be great to be abe to arange a Long Island / Boston / Connecticut frag swap.
Logistics might not work out this time, but...

For MACNA XVI, logitics will certainly work out.

I plan on leaving Friday morning. I'll be in Framingham on Friday. So if someone can hold the frags for me, that would be great. All my acros are red bug free.

Thanks for the extended holding tips greg.

If anyone had any rare or colorful acros let me know! So we can trade.

-Joe

Joe
Are these frags for trade,sale,or auction? Where can we sign up for some of your frags. I could hold them for you but unfortunately I have not treat my tank for the red bugs yet. Havent found anyone to measure out the medication .
Richard

I got the confirmation today.
We're definitely moving the meeting to the Sheraton Fourpoints in Waltham, MA.
Time will be 11:30am - 3:30 pm. Same as the last two meetings.
We'll hold another auction to raise funds to help pay for the room and pizza.

- Not too early in the morning
- Large room
- Great speaker
- Free Pizza
- No Scuba_Dave

Best meeting ever!!

ride share

I live right off of broadway street on the somerville,medford line.

Anyone in the area going to waltham on saturday? (I have no car)

send me a message or reply here!

thx all

No glue for you... I'll have to post a summary of the glue thread for people that paid me & I haven't connected with, or the few I owed the glue tips

looks like I will be able to make it (albeit an hour or so late), I talked my girlfriend in to going... woohoo!

I'm gonna have to renew my membership too I think.

Richard,

>I could hold them for you but unfortunately I have not treat my tank for the red bugs yet. Havent found anyone to measure out the medication .<

I'll be happy to measure the med for you. Just let me know in grams how much you want in each of the three treatments. I'll measure on an analytical balance and give it to you. Email me at [email protected]

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back