BRS website major upgrade

Joe Rice

Staff member
BRS Member
On Monday, May 15, at 9 pm, we will be bringing down the BRS website in order to do a major upgrade. If all goes perfectly the site should be back up by the morning.

Our goals are to create a site that is simpler to administer, more secure, less expensive to operate, and easier to use.

We'll be changing the underlying software to the same software package that they use over at Reef2Reef. We'll do our best to import user profiles, threads, private messages and attachments from the old site but it's likely some things will not import well and there may be some data lost.

Many forums will be consolidated. The large number of forums on the old site is one of the things that makes it difficult to administer and, in my opinion, difficult to navigate.

In an effort to minimize the time the site is down, not all features will be available right away when the system comes back up. In particular, Tapatalk won't be available immediately but will be a high priority.

Additional changes will continue to occur after the site is back up, so it may seem a bit topsy-turvy for a while. It should all settle down after a week or two.

I'm sure everyone has many questions about the upcoming changes but unfortunately I'm pretty busy between now and Monday evening so I ask that folks wait until after the new site is up. Then I should have more time to respond to feedback about the changes.

Zirco (Joe Rice)

Last edited by a moderator:
Great work Joe you have been working your butt off with Chris lately and your contributions to the Brs won't go unnoticed.

This is great and has been talked about for the last 3 years , good to see it happening it has been long overdue . Thank you !!!!

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back