BRS website major upgrade

Awesome! Can we get the like button too?

agreed :)

Looking forward to the change!

The ability to edit ones posts hours, days or weeks later or after other posts have followed would be fantastic as well

Last edited:
OK, we're back up and running. Hopefully nothing is broken too badly.

I did notice that some folks' avatars didn't transfer so you might find you have to upload a new one.

Email sent to [email protected] at the moment is just disappearing into the ether. Working on fixing that.

The biggest change to the forums that you will notice is that all the Marketplace forums have been collapsed into a single forum. I know that some of you might not like this change, but I ask that you try to live with it for a few weeks and see if it still bothers you after that. Also note that there is now a drop-down in front of the subject field for a new post in the Marketplace, that requires you to select FS, WTB, WTT, or FREE. For sale, want to buy, want to trade, or free, respectively. We could change this to have FS - Coral, FS - Fish, etc. but, like I said, let's try living with it the way it is for a while.

More changes to come over the next few weeks as we learn more about how to configure the underlying software.

Looks great, thanks!

Is there still a member's-only marketplace and a general open-to-all marketplace, or does the consolidation cover both former sections?

Looks great, thanks!

Is there still a member's-only marketplace and a general open-to-all marketplace, or does the consolidation cover both former sections?

Everything's consolidated in a single forum, but I didn't (intentionally) change any policy so I believe that only members can list items.

Last edited:
Can I change my profile name at some point? New site new name
Apparently only an admin can change a screen name, so PM me with the name you'd like and I'll make the change.

While we're on the subject, I'd like to personally encourage folks to change their screen names to be something closer to their real name. For instance, "Julian Sprung" or "Julian S." or even just "Julian". Since we're a local club, reducing the anonymity between members would be a great way to build team spirit :) Even better if folks feel comfortable changing their avatar to a head shot. Just my opinion, by the way, not anything official.

Last edited:
I tried starting a conversation ( pm )
Gives me a error saying I can't start a conversation with you

No rush but when you have a minute hit me up

Thanks for all your work Joe! Site looks good, gonna take some getting used to

Is the moderator forum gonna be put back up r are we doing something different now?

It looks like the Tapatalk site is still down, unless I missed something and it won't be compatible with Tapatalk post-upgrade?

Everytime I close the window on my iPad I have to re enter my username and password even tho I checked off the box that says stay logged in

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back