BTA Question

Syris

FishboyBill
I just got a brown/green BTA from the BRS meet auction last Sat. (Thanks Marco67 for donating)
Seems to be doing great in my 45g, it came out of hiding Sunday when lights came "on". But right now I only have 150w VHO actinic running. I wont have the other 150w of VHO 50/50's running till this Sat. Will the BTA be OK? I know BTAs are the lesser light demanding of the anemones but is a total of 300w VHO good for long term success with a BTA?
Also how often and what should I feed?

TIA

I had a BTA under 145w NO for a while, didnt grow, but survived.
I feed maybe once a week, sometimes less, sometimes more
Silversides, bits of clam, shrimp...

Oh boy. We're in trouble now. :rolleyes:

Although I doubt the new board will be as tightly moderated as RC, it would probably be nice if everyone exhibited a bit of self-censorship to make this a board where everyone can feel comfortable posting, regardless of their age, gender, or preference for large-breasted women jogging. ;) Just a thought.

Nate

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice on the BTA. I'll feed em a couple times this week until the other lights are up and running but then I drop to feeding once a week. Dont want em to grow too fast.

"this is me"
Nice "Goku" avatar but I found the bouncing one much more interesting;)

NateHanson said:
Oh boy. We're in trouble now. :rolleyes:

Although I doubt the new board will be as tightly moderated as RC, it would probably be nice if everyone exhibited a bit of self-censorship to make this a board where everyone can feel comfortable posting, regardless of their age, gender, or ... Just a thought.

Nate

Bingo!
Thanks for stating what should be obvious, Nate.

Scuba_Dave said:
Did someone say large br...ummm
And did I miss an Avatar?

You sure did :D
But don't worry. I'm sure you won't have any trouble finding more of the same. This is the internet afterall!

Nate

Ah!!! That is what that exclamation is for!! REporting a bad post!!

I guess this thread has been thoroughly hijacked

Bill,
I've had that "family" of BTA's since I started (almost 4 years) and probably 20 splits. They have been under all kinds of light, PC, VHO, MH and even NO...the only one that they did not like was the NO. Sounds like you should be fine

Oh and I stoped direct feeding it only leads to splitting and walking, neither of which are welcome at this point.

Thanks, good to know you have had it under diff light conditions.
Also nice to know it came from a long "family" line:D

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back